Jeans & Casual nights.

blackpool belle

The point some of us are trying to make is the on their web site one place states no "torn" jeans & the other states no jeans. The people that wear jeans are breaking no rules since Princess is not clear with their guidelines.

Wow. If "that" means “no jeans,” then it is stated in the guidelines. It’s stated on page 8 of the Cruise Answer Book I just received last week under the section “Onboard Attire.” It is also stated on the Princess website as indicated by a poster on page 1 of this thread. You are absolutely correct, I don’t see the other side of the argument because “no jeans” is pretty substantial in what it means and there doesn't seem to be any other interpretation. The other side of the argument tries to circumvent the policy. Because people don’t understand this simple guideline or because they don’t read it doesn’t excuse the fact that it is Princess policy. I love the way I’m told to relax or to lighten up or to have fun or that I have a bad attitude. But no one seems to tell me why when I want to purchase a cruise where certain standards apply, and the cruise line that I purchase from presents those standards, I’m the one who should relax or lighten up. Because it should be OK for people to purchase something with guidelines they don’t want and then expect others to disregard the fact that they disregard them? I don’t think so. The argument has been made that because people pay money for a cruise, they should be able to wear what they want. I paid for my cruise too and I’d like to get what I paid for.

It is interesting that these debates are perpetuated on these forums because the debate is against the published guidelines.

That was a nebulous post but one thing caught my eye. Your cruise passage covers meals, beverages and entertainment (not ports, as is often pointed out on these boards), but I don't believe it states in the contract that you pay for the pleasure (or guarantee) of everyone dressed the same way. I would never wear jeans to church (that's just me) but it doesn't stop me from welcoming anyone, no matter what they are wearing, with open arms, and happiness in my heart to see them in my church. Perhaps as others have said, it's time for you to choose another vacation that will actually enforce the guidelines that you hold so dear.

Guest Host Tink

Ok folks, for the umpteenth time this topic has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten to death again, resurrected again, and YET AGAIN beaten and flogged to beyond recognition. This topic is closed. PLEASE don't bring it up again! Thanks!! :D :D :D :D ;)

Archived