How to split specialty dining bill?

speechwriter

My wife and I are booked on a Princess Alaska cruise next spring. We will be making a few specialty dining reservations, sharing a table with friends from another stateroom. In order to book one table for all of us, we are making a single reservation  (using the Princess app) for the entire party. Will this cause issues when we want to split the charges by stateroom? Do we have to notify the server (or Guest Services) in advance? 

32 minutes ago, speechwriter said:

My wife and I are booked on a Princess Alaska cruise next spring. We will be making a few specialty dining reservations, sharing a table with friends from another stateroom. In order to book one table for all of us, we are making a single reservation  (using the Princess app) for the entire party. Will this cause issues when we want to split the charges by stateroom? Do we have to notify the server (or Guest Services) in advance? 

Hello @speechwriter and welcome back to Cruise Critic! I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards,

Thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new topic to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Princess frequent this forum and provide feedback here. 

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic again!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

3 hours ago, speechwriter said:

When you make reservations in advance using the app, Princess charges your credit card immediately. You may be able to have Guest Services give you a refundable onboard credit for your credit charge and charge your friends, but it may be easier just to have your friends reimburse you directly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, speechwriter said:

I would advise the route to go is to collect reimbursement from friends if reserving pre-cruise.

You mention making a few SD reservations.  Why don't you book the first, and they book the second one?  That way no one owes anyone else.  You only need worry about a split if you and friends go to SD an odd number of times.  If you are booking on board, you are not charged immediately, so just advise the waiter of each cabin number and to chop it up - it's done all the time.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2023 at 3:05 AM, speechwriter said:

Always ask Before