Eagle Beach

CruiseHappy14

Yup, chair's and palapas. Right beside Passions Beach Bar. To your right as you walk down the sidewalk to Eagle Beach from the bus stop.ย 

Palapa and 2 chairs about $20(US).

Take the city bus across from the port, done it several times only way to travel on the island.ย 

• Like 2

We're scheduled for Aruba in February, so hopefully someone will chime in with more specific info.ย  On the south end of Eagle Beach as it becomes Manchebo Beach, umbrella rentals should be available between the Waters Edge Restaurant and the Coco Loco Beach Bar.ย  And then also on the North end of Eagle Beach across from Amsterdam Manor.ย  Since there aren't public restrooms, plan on buying food/drinks at the closest restaurant/bar.ย  I've attached a photo to show how some of the palapas are NOT designated for resort guests and are actually free to use if you get one.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 17.37.51 (2).png

Edited by sailawayward
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2919390-anyone-visit-barcelo-recently-impossible-to-get-chairs-on-the-beach/#comment-64961948

ย 

From Amsterdam Manor:ย 

We offer beach chairs, bar and umbrellas located on the beach at the Passions beach bar.

ย 

Umbrellas are first come first serve basis due to the beach being public.

ย 

For renting beach chairs are $15 or $10 USD dollars per chair.

ย 

We also have restrooms on the beach located close to the bar.

ย 

Pool is not accessible for non-hotel guests.

Edited by sailawayward
  • Like 2

The only way to go on Aruba. I'll never consider doing anything else. I always end up walking down the sidewalk to Eagle Beach from the bus stop. Passions is one of my favorite beach bars EVER. Best views on the island, never waist your time with a nightmare day pass. Eagle Beach, Passions it's why we all keep going back. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Ž

As you can see in the photo posted by sailawayward the sand and the water speak for themselves.ย 

Don't forget hitting Iguana Joe's for a drink before getting back on the ship.ย 

The Happy Island....it is.๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EMc&DrS said:

We are going to be in Aruba for 24 hours on our upcoming cruise. It will be our first visit. Is Eagle Beach one of these beaches where people pester you all day to buy things, or does that not happen in Aruba?

Never on Eagle Beach.ย 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Thanks--great to hear!

No problem, nothing but a nice beach nice people and a good time.

I would never point you in the direction of one of those nightmares. ๐Ÿ‘

I will tell you this don't forget the sunscreen your gonna need it.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, njgirl said:

Can someone tell me where the best place to get off the bus when going to Eagle beach?

Want a location where we can rent chairs/umbrella and that has a restroom.

ย 

Thanks in advance.

ย 

You get off the bus at the Eagle Beach bus stop right behind Amsterdam Manor just tell the bus driver you want off at Eagle Beach no worries.ย 

Chairs and palapa rental right down the ramp on the beach. It's all there.

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope shouldn't be a problem. You know approximately what time you'll be showing up at Eagle Beach?ย 

I would have a definitive plan in place getting to Eagle and getting everything set up before you do anything else. Rent yourself two palapas side by side and you and your group can go and do whatever you please.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

It's the city bus. When you walk out of the security area and walk towards town, the bus terminal is on your LEFT-ISH at about 11o'clock across the street.Walk right up to the ticket window and tell the individual behind the glass that you and yours want to spend your afternoon at EAGLE BEACH. I think it's around $3 per ticket, very cost effective it's the only way to go, I think the ticket was 1 way. So to and from Eagle Beach roundtrip p.p., less than $7 total. Buses nice clean and open.ย 

When you get dropped off at the bus stop behind Amsterdam Manor it's on the way back it's a one way loop you come back towards the port, Eagle Beach and your ship are not walking distance but their not far apart either.ย 

I've never taken a taxi on Aruba always did the city bus or the Party Bus.

If your waiting for your bus or taxi and the Party Bus pulls up. Hop on the Party Bus, you can hear it coming from 2 miles away. The guy doesn't charge a fee but he takes BIG tips.๐Ÿ˜‰ Lots of fun, great music and he drops you off right there at port security.ย 

The city bus will pick you up right where they dropped you off behind Amsterdam Manor. Same spot, from the bus stop back to your ship will be about 10 minutes and that's pushing it. You just pull into the bus terminal and walk across the street to port security and your back at the ship.ย 

Hope that helps. Todd

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/6/2023 at 7:13 PM, TTEllis said:

It's the city bus. When you walk out of the security area and walk towards town, the bus terminal is on your LEFT-ISH at about 11o'clock across the street.Walk right up to the ticket window and tell the individual behind the glass that you and yours want to spend your afternoon at EAGLE BEACH. I think it's around $3 per ticket, very cost effective it's the only way to go, I think the ticket was 1 way. So to and from Eagle Beach roundtrip p.p., less than $7 total. Buses nice clean and open.ย 

When you get dropped off at the bus stop behind Amsterdam Manor it's on the way back it's a one way loop you come back towards the port, Eagle Beach and your ship are not walking distance but their not far apart either.ย 

I've never taken a taxi on Aruba always did the city bus or theT Party Bus.

If your waiting for your bus or taxi and the Party Bus pulls up. Hop on the Party Bus, you can hear it coming from 2 miles away. The guy doesn't charge a fee but he takes BIG tips.๐Ÿ˜‰ Lots of fun, great music and he drops you off right there at port security.ย 

The city bus will pick you up right where they dropped you off behind Amsterdam Manor. Same spot, from the bus stop back to your ship will be about 10 minutes and that's pushing it. You just pull into the bus terminal and walk across the street to port security and your back at the ship.ย 

fHope that helps. Todd

Todd I thought the Amsterdam Manor was the stop after Eagle. No?ย  Is it easy to push a stroller onto the beach?ย  Is there a walkway? Thanks

No no no no.๐Ÿ˜Ž The bus will stop at the bus stop right behind Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach. Right behind it is the ramp down to the sand.ย 

That's where you get off.ย 

The bus stops there, there are a few stops on the way back. Can't miss it, no worries no hurries. It's very simple and low stress and cheap great reliable transportation on the whole island.

SUPER nice people. I'm a tourist and they know it.ย 

When you get off the ship your going to go left through security and out into town. Straight to your left a bit walking out to the intersection from hell.

The bus station is right across the street take your time no hurries just don't get run over trying to get across the street.

You'll see the ticket office just walk up tell them how many you have in your family and you want to go to Eagle Beach she'll give you the tickets point you at the bus and go find you some seats which is never a problem.ย 

Aruba and I'm going to tell you something that someone else here should have said a long time ago.

Driving WEST to the resorts is ONE WAY it's a big circle the bus stop for Eagle Beach is on the way back.ย 

It's not very long I'm just saying kick back relax in the bus no worries. When you get the bus back to the port it only takes 10 minutes really less.

Listen don't ever take a taxi unless you're taking an island tour or something. City transportation is great never a problem.ย 

Your taking children to Eagle Beach.

OMG that's so awesome.ย  I see families mostly Venezuelan there all the time the layout is all family and if you drink and eat on vacation Passions kills it everytime.

Have fun on your vacation, your good.

No worries except crossing the F๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜กG street to get to the bus stop.ย 

If I can help let me know.

Btw that bus ride to Eagle with all the stops is never more than 20 minutes and that's chillin. Lots of locals going to work mostly nice ladies who do housekeeping in one of the resorts other than that it's just you.

Have fun.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TTEllis said:

About the stroller in the sand. Could be dicey but I don't know I don't think it would be too bad. The stroller really shouldn't be too much of an issue.ย 

ย 

Thanks so much for such a detailed response.ย  I appreciate it.ย  Haven't been to Aruba in 25 years. My "baby" was one and now we are taking his baby who will be one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonsmom said:

Thanks so much for such a detailed response.ย  I appreciate it.ย  Haven't been to Aruba in 25 years. My "baby" was one and now we are taking his baby who will be one.

That's so nice. I can't think of a better beach to take children too than Eagle Beach. I don't know how many ships will be on the island when your there but that will dictate how early you want to get to the beach either way whether it's getting there a bit later or the sand with the stroller I can't imagine either issue keeping you and your family from having a great day on the beach.ย 

Easy money. Water is wonderful, white powder sand beach, nice people. Vibe is super chill. Have fun. Don't forget the review when you get back.ย 

ย 

Btw I'm not being nosey but what other islands are you visiting if you don't mind me asking? Thanks Toddย