Solarium now 18+

11 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Quick question. Many times while in the solarium, my daughter will tell me "Dad you're yelling" while we are in the pool talking with her and other people. What are all of your wonderful thoughts about that? As I am deaf/hard of hearing, and have to remove my hearing aids while in the pool.

Sorry to hear that. I have no experience of deafness. 

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Music is fine but I draw the line with those clods who bring in their own bluetooth speakers thinking I want to listen to their rubbish music.  If there is music it should something Royal deems appropriate for the environment. 

Many ships do have music playing in the Solarium. But, on some older ships, the systems do not work anymore. Sure would be nice, if they did have "ANY" music playing. That would be enough to act as a "White noise" to blur out the peoples individual conversations, and those that do the "Speakerphone" game.

• Like 1

Just now, FireEMT978 said:

Many ships do have music playing in the Solarium. But, on some older ships, the systems do not work anymore. Sure would be nice, if they did have "ANY" music playing. That would be enough to act as a "White noise" to blur out the peoples individual conversations, and those that do the "Speakerphone" game.

I have AirPods Pro 2 earbuds which  noise cancelling options They do a good job of blocking conversation and I can listen to relaxing music, podcasts and audible books without bothering anyone else. They also have features I understand that are helpful to hard of hearing people. 

57 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

They were there in the spring on Serenade and last year on Jewel.

Jewel "birds" are recorded lol.  We were on last Nov and enjoyed listening to them.  My issue is with those that think they are more important than anyone else and have the need to be loud.

• Like 2