Solarium now 18+

Interesting, I always felt badly for the teens who wanted a quiet area as the solarium never seems to get rowdy (why we stay there) but I can also appreciate the age restriction and want to keep it quiet.  I expect it will be as usual, they won't monitor it unless someone is making it obvious or acting up. 

• Like 4

Just off Wonder of the Seas. WHAT a PLEASURE to spend time in the solarium with no kids. Every person who was there was of the proper age. I didn't even see anyone who appeared to be in their 20s in the solarium. It was quiet, serene and relaxing. It is so nice not to have the solarium located on the ship as a "pass through" for everyone, including kids. Good job on this Oasis class ship.

• Like 17

41 minutes ago, trihawks1 said:

You mean Solarium Bistro?  

No, I meant Park Cafe, which can be found inside the solarium on all Vision and Radiance class ships and the cafe area is open to everyone any time they are serving food.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

No, I meant Park Cafe, which can be found inside the solarium on all Vision and Radiance class ships and the cafe area is open to everyone any time they are serving food.

But, not the loungers or the pool itself.  I've seen kids asked to leave both on EN and GR.  Funny thing is, outside of the pizza and cookies most of what they serve is things most kids wouldn't care about.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

But, not the loungers or the pool itself.  I've seen kids asked to leave both on EN and GR.  Funny thing is, outside of the pizza and cookies most of what they serve is things most kids wouldn't care about.  

True, but the assumption that the solariums are entirely youth free fails when one looks at the mix of amenities available across the fleet.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

This was a hot topic in the Q&A with Bayley on the President’s Cruise. He said he was unaware that 16 year olds were allowed in the Solarium and would give strong consideration in changing it. 

That would be disappointing if he didn't know the rules on his own ships

• Like 12

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just off Wonder of the Seas. WHAT a PLEASURE to spend time in the solarium with no kids. Every person who was there was of the proper age. I didn't even see anyone who appeared to be in their 20s in the solarium. It was quiet, serene and relaxing. It is so nice not to have the solarium located on the ship as a "pass through" for everyone, including kids. Good job on this Oasis class ship.

Hearing this, I’m really looking forward to the Solarium on Wonder next week!  Are there good ocean views from the Solarium?

• Like 2