Holland America Noordam G cabins

Bucket List Bohemians

I don't have photos, but stayed in one of those cabins once, on the Noordam in fact. 

The windows take up the same space as they would if a sliding glass door, so that from the outside of the ship, they match the rest of the line. The obstruction is a lifeboat or tender. Sometimes you can see through the lifeboat windows, depending on where the boats are in relation to the windows. The sky, and perhaps a bit of water were also visible. 

The room was spacious, with a couch across from the desk. Storage was decent. 

Do be sure to close the draperies at night as there is a walkway on the other side of the window. Sometimes there are workers out there, and they can see inside! 

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

I don't have photos, but stayed in one of those cabins once, on the Noordam in fact. 

The windows take up the same space as they would if a sliding glass door, so that from the outside of the ship, they match the rest of the line. The obstruction is a lifeboat or tender. Sometimes you can see through the lifeboat windows, depending on where the boats are in relation to the windows. The sky, and perhaps a bit of water were also visible. 

The room was spacious, with a couch across from the desk. Storage was decent. 

Do be sure to close the draperies at night as there is a walkway on the other side of the window. Sometimes there are workers out there, and they can see inside! 

Ty!!!

The G cabins have less obstructions than the H or HH. We just booked 4092 on a sister ship. We think the larger windows and lower are worth the obstruction.  Plus ours is right next to the elevators. A plus for us although many would find it a minus. 

6 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

The G cabins have less obstructions than the H or HH. We just booked 4092 on a sister ship. We think the larger windows and lower are worth the obstruction.  Plus ours is right next to the elevators. A plus for us although many would find it a minus. 

So you're saying G is better than H or HH ?

TY.  I'm trying to find pics of which G is best. Any idea ?

4 hours ago, Bucket List Bohemians said:

So you're saying G is better than H or HH ?

TY.  I'm trying to find pics of which G is best. Any idea ?

Yes. G is partially obstructed. H and HH are totally obstructed. 

What I did  was look at the deckplans and Halfacts.com to decide. We chose ours 4092 because of location as well as view. 

Edited by mawvkysc

6 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

Yes. G is partially obstructed. H and HH are totally obstructed. 

What I did  was look at the deckplans and Halfacts.com to decide. We chose ours 4092 because of location as well as view. 

Ty so much.  We chose 4088 but I'm trying to see if a different G has a less obstructed view.  I usually cruise Princess,  haven't been on HA in 10 years so it's hard to learn a new cruise line all over.  

We have stayed in H4103, obstructed, in 2018 (we could see through the lifeboat) and just recently G4056, partially obstructed.  Here's a picture of G4056.  The windows are great and it's so much better than staying in an inside cabin.

368039096_6833305120047302_8435762393525481711_n.jpg

Edited by LoveTheCarib