Does Crystal Offer a Shuttle Into Rome Between Segments?

dimundsR

There are a couple of people from CC who were on for the back to back cruises so hopefully they can answer your question.

When you say shuttle, they do not offer a complimentary shuttle to Rome.  The question is do they provide a tour that drops you off in Rome and one that takes you back. 

There are many companies you can use if the answer is no and you can find them by visiting the Italy Ports Of Call Board. You may know this but plan on a 90 minute drive into downtown Rome.  Could be slightly shorter but time of day is a factor. Whatever you do, give yourself extra time to make it back to the ship.

Keith

• Like 1

I do want to mention one thing about the train and that is not to cut it too close getting  back to the ship.  Friends were on the first sailing and almost missed the ship due to being on a train in Italy (not Rome) that broke down. In the end, they had to get off and get a taxi to them back and it was a close call.

There will definitely not be a complimentary shuttle.

I tried to reach out to someone on board now to ask if it was offered to in-transit guests at a charge but she was not sure about that.

And one final note. In past years we could walk from the entranceway at the port to the ship but that was not the case in 2018 as things had been reconfigured so build in sufficient time to wait for the shared shuttle within the port. Time we were there it took a long time.

Keith

Thanks to you both for your answers.  I was wondering if Symphony may have offered an excursion type (for a price) into the city center with or without a tour for those of staying on board.  I also hoped those who had been on the same b2b yesterday (Sept 26) could answer my question.  Our trip isn't until next May.

I've been there a couple of times and always had a driver either to or from the port, but never on a b2b where we stay onboard,  I know it's quite a ways from Rome.  

Do you happen to have the contact of your tour operator handy?  We will be a group of 7 with or without all wanting to go.

1 hour ago, dimundsR said:

I've been there a couple of times and always had a driver either to or from the port, but never on a b2b where we stay onboard,  I know it's quite a ways from Rome.  

Do you happen to have the contact of your tour operator handy?  We will be a group of 7 with or without all wanting to go.

http://www.limoinrome.com/services/

It's been a few years. Toured with them multiple times

Were were on a b2b2b on Serenity in 2019. We were able to walk from the ship to the port exit and explore Civitavecchia on our own. If you do not choose to explore Rome on your own or via a Crystal shorex, we did find enough to keep us busy in Civitavecchia for several hours. We enjoyed a delicious lunch ashore, explored several churches, the theater, the local shopping street and the very large open air market. We'd been to Rome several times before and we chose not to make the long commute to/from Rome during this port visit.

Rob

005 Serenity in Civitavecchia (2).JPG

006 Ships in Civitavecchia (04).JPG

004 Civitavecchia market (11).JPG

004 Civitavecchia market (04).JPG

004 Civitavecchia market (02).JPG

003 Civitavecchia views (10).JPG

003 Civitavecchia views (11).JPG

• Like 2

Thanks, Rob.  That certainly sounds like a nice diversion to stretch our sea legs. Those that I will be traveling with may want the trip into Rome, but as much as I love it there, I would rather have more than one day to spend there.  This was just an unfortunate stop to be "in between" cruises.