Sitka - lunch near the Visitor's Center?

surgie

We have two tours booked in Sitka in July 2024 - the first one ends at the Visitor's Center and that's where the second one will pick us up. We'd like to get a quick lunch or lunch-to-go between tours. What are the options within walking distance of the Visitor's Center? 

I'm not sure how close to the visitors center--- but I am doing Sitka on my own (Have been there before and did the Bears, Raptor center, etc.)  and am planning on stopping at Pel Mel downtown for the dumplings!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 2:13 PM, Jetswdo said:

I'm not sure how close to the visitors center--- but I am doing Sitka on my own (Have been there before and did the Bears, Raptor center, etc.)  and am planning on stopping at Pel Mel downtown for the dumplings!

We have hired transportation to Bears, Raptors, Park (since there are 11 of us). Considering calling it a day for organized activities and doing the rest DIY. Or...considering a hike with Tongass Treks with some/all of us. Which means we need to grab lunch between. Excursions are generally expensive (a lot more than in 2015!). But I also don't want to miss some key things and sometimes that means a paid excursion.