Budget Rent A Car Port Canaveral

ms.sunburn

I've booked a rental from Budget which I'm planning on dropping off at the Port Canaveral location before I board our ship.  There are 4 ships in port that day so I'm sure it will be slammed. Has anyone dropped off a vehicle at this location and if so, what was the experience? I'm wondering what the wait time to drop off a vehicle might be so I can plan accordingly. Is it drop and go or is there a long wait to drop off?

The Cape Canaveral rental car locations are very busy on cruise turnaround days. What I normally do is drive over to Port Canaveral first, drop off family and luggage and then drive back and return rental vehicle. If the shuttle bus line is very long I call the local cab company or Uber for transportation back to Port Canaveral. When I arrive back at Port Canaveral I then check in at the terminal with my family.

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

The Cape Canaveral rental car locations are very busy on cruise turnaround days. What I normally do is drive over to Port Canaveral first, drop off family and luggage and then drive back and return rental vehicle. If the shuttle bus line is very long I call the local cab company or Uber for transportation back to Port Canaveral. When I arrive back at Port Canaveral I then check in at the terminal with my family.

Thanks Corby114. This is great advice. Is the actual car rental return more or less a drop and go or is there a line to do that as well?

The car rental return is basically drop off and go. I suggest you get an early start so it doesn't take you too long to be away from your family. I personally try to return the rental vehicle before 10:00AM when the line isn't too long.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Corby114 said:

The car rental return is basically drop off and go. I suggest you get an early start so it doesn't take you too long to be away from your family. I personally try to return the rental vehicle before 10:00AM when the line isn't too long.

Awesome! That's what I was thinking. Thank you so much for your help.

We've used this Budget location every time we've cruised out of there.  Last time, rather than using shuttle, due to the enormous amount of people hanging around; I ordered an Uber - He was actually in the parking lot!  So we returned the car and were out of the Budget lot in like 3 minutes...should have seen the look on peoples faces when we immediately got into a car and headed for the port - Priceless! 

• Haha 1

We also rented a car from Budget but our problem is our stop is from 1 to 9pm on the MSC Miraviglia at terminal 10.  We have to return the car before 6pm (closes on a Friday).  I've heard that you can possibly wait over an hour for the shuttle to pick you up and return you to the port so I'm thinking of cancelling this rental because of the tight timeline.  Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I was always under the impression that you could drop off the rental vehicle after closing time and return the keys at the off hours key drop. I would call the Cape Canaveral rental office to confirm if this scenario is true.