2025 itineraries through December on O's site for all ships but Riviera (through September)

AMHuntFerry

On 9/30/2023 at 8:16 AM, ak1004 said:

So was anyone be able to find out if the published prices include the early booking discount? My logic says they do not.

I agree with you. The itinerary we’ve been looking at on an online TA site, had the price drop about $1,000 pp late tonight which would be around 5%.  

6 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

My FCC I bought onboard earlier this year expires April 1, 2024. Is this the last release of itineraries I will have to choose from before my certificate expires?
Thx!

Probably. But you can cancel it and get a refund. This is what we did when they refused to extend ours.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I agree with you. The itinerary we’ve been looking at on an online TA site, had the price drop about $1,000 pp late tonight which would be around 5%.  

Yes, they adjusted all itineraries that are eligible to 5-10% discount, so now all discounts are baked into the price on the website, at least in Canada.

10 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Probably. But you can cancel it and get a refund. This is what we did when they refused to extend ours.

Not sure about that….. I heard about new cancellation policies with fees. However, I would still be able to make 1 allowed change of itinerary without a penalty.

19 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Not sure about that….. I heard about new cancellation policies with fees. However, I would still be able to make 1 allowed change of itinerary without a penalty.

this is for cancelling bookings, not FCC. We got a full refund.

54 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Yes, they adjusted all itineraries that are eligible to 5-10% discount, so now all discounts are baked into the price on the website, at least in Canada.

Yes, now that they are actually open for booking the prices on US website reflect the sale pricing. 

booked a panama canal for dec of 2025, will have to be careful if they change the itin since canal is very dry...dont want them to do more of mexico or more of pacific coast...

will see what they are doing about canal this year....

anyone have their itin change? to what?

maybe will post it as a new topic....

I’ve just put a cabin on hold, with the intention of using it as a placeholder for ATW segment. So I will cancel this one without penalty (as I have an FCC I will be using for the deposit), my question is this:

IF the ATW segments offer me nothing I am able to use, will I be able to get my full deposit back from this FCC if I then cancel this booking? 

4 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

booked a panama canal for dec of 2025, will have to be careful if they change the itin since canal is very dry...dont want them to do more of mexico or more of pacific coast...

will see what they are doing about canal this year....

anyone have their itin change? to what?

maybe will post it as a new topic....

I saw a post complaining about this on the other place - no canal …. Just around Mexico. I am unsure of the date of the trip though. 

4 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

My FCC I bought onboard earlier this year expires April 1, 2024. Is this the last release of itineraries I will have to choose from before my certificate expires?
Thx!

Just posting my question again. Hoping to get some direction or guidance from “those in the know”!
Thx!

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

I saw a post complaining about this on the other place - no canal …. Just around Mexico. I am unsure of the date of the trip though. 

Was this for an Oceania cruise?   There was a bit of an excitement when someone did not read the email they received from O on the upcoming Vista Panama Canal cruises.  The email was noting that there was a change to arrival in a port or two and since the day we will be transiting the canal was listed as a "sea day", she automatically jumped to the conclusion that the canal transit had been canceled.   But, as people pointed out, unless O is going to pick the ship up and lift over the isthmus Vista is transiting the canal to be on the Pacific for a port and on the Atlantic for a port 2 days later..  The itinerary on the website specifically shows our canal transit as usual,

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I think even with the 5% off their new pricing model of no basic fare will keep us on a similar itinerary on HAL. $5k more on Oceania for 2 days less.  I don’t think we’ll be switching 

I understand and many are feeling just like that.

If food didn't matter quite as much to us, we would also be questioning the high prices.

We have chosen to do less cruises instead. Won't reach the large loyalty markers quite that soon, if ever.

30 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I understand and many are feeling just like that.

If food didn't matter quite as much to us, we would also be questioning the high prices.

We have chosen to do less cruises instead. Won't reach the large loyalty markers quite that soon, if ever.

Even comparing them to Azamara where the food will be better than HAL, they’re $7k (for 2) more expensive for an extra two days.  (Suez Canal…nautica vs pursuit)  I wish them luck. 

14 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

We have done 2 azamara, for us the food on A does not compare to O, not even close. So we will pay the big bucks but cruise less in 2025.

To each his own…we cruise for the itinerary. I can eat when I get home 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Even comparing them to Azamara where the food will be better than HAL, they’re $7k (for 2) more expensive for an extra two days.  (Suez Canal…nautica vs pursuit)  I wish them luck. 

I wouldn't really put HAL or any other mass market line in the same sentence with Oceania. It's like comparing Mercedes and Toyota..

As for Azamara, they are a good line, but to me not as good as Oceania, especially when comparing to Oceania newer ships.

I'm curious which itineraries you are comparing? I compared few itineraries in Europe and found the prices comparable. To me paying the same for R ships and a ship like Vista is absurd, but some people like R ships..

8 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I wouldn't really put HAL or any other mass market line in the same sentence with Oceania. It's like comparing Mercedes and Toyota..

As for Azamara, they are a good line, but to me not as good as Oceania, especially when comparing to Oceania newer ships.

I'm curious which itineraries you are comparing? I compared few itineraries in Europe and found the prices comparable. To me paying the same for R ships and a ship like Vista is absurd, but some people like R ships..

Definitely wasn’t comparing lines. I’m all about the itinerary. We want a Western Europe, London to Barcelona kind of thing followed by a Suez Canal   We’re currently booked on Nieuw Statendam 28 days followed by Azamara Pursuit 18 days for Athens to Dubai.  Definitely wasn’t saying HAL compares to Oceania but I will have their highest drink package, tips,, a very large balcony and probably better entertainment.    My statement is more aimed that I’m not seeing any benefit/value in having to pay the simply more prices on Oceania. It puts them out of range especially with their lousy included drink package.  But I guess that’s why we drive a Toyota 😂

Edited by Cruise Junky

21 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Definitely wasn’t comparing lines. I’m all about the itinerary. We want a Western Europe, London to Barcelona kind of thing followed by a Suez Canal   We’re currently booked on Nieuw Statendam 28 days followed by Azamara Pursuit 18 days for Athens to Dubai.  Definitely wasn’t saying HAL compares to Oceania but I will have their highest drink package, tips,, a very large balcony and probably better entertainment.    My statement is more aimed that I’m not seeing any benefit/value in having to pay the simply more prices on Oceania. It puts them out of range especially with their lousy included drink package.  But I guess that’s why we drive a Toyota 😂

For us itinerary is #1 factor too. but we still want the small ship experience and won't go back to large mass market ships. We don't drink so Simply More is not a good match for us, but today all premium/luxury lines include drinks, so not too much choice. Personally I still believe O offers the best value for money, but that's just me. Our comparison is with lines like Azamara, Windstar, Silversea etc, not with HAL or Celebrity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I think even with the 5% off their new pricing model of no basic fare will keep us on a similar itinerary on HAL. $5k more on Oceania for 2 days less.  I don’t think we’ll be switching 

That’s fine as long as HAL is the cruise line of your choice. For some others who have been cruising on Oceania or other premium lines going on HAL won’t be a choice at all as it’ll be very different type of cruise experience.

• Like 1

We have been everywhere we want to go and some places several times.

We eat very little at home or out and love good food on a ship, totally opposite the poster above.

Now we are into a calmer atmosphere,  good food, activities that encourage meeting others. O gives us that and more. And we have to be willing to pay for it. Now we are also paying for those that enjoy wine with meals, not ideal for us.

10 hours ago, basor said:

Was this for an Oceania cruise?   There was a bit of an excitement when someone did not read the email they received from O on the upcoming Vista Panama Canal cruises.  The email was noting that there was a change to arrival in a port or two and since the day we will be transiting the canal was listed as a "sea day", she automatically jumped to the conclusion that the canal transit had been canceled.   But, as people pointed out, unless O is going to pick the ship up and lift over the isthmus Vista is transiting the canal to be on the Pacific for a port and on the Atlantic for a port 2 days later..  The itinerary on the website specifically shows our canal transit as usual,

Yeah it was … not sure the outcome, as she was ,owning so much I had to stop reading. 

So I put a hold on a cabin for a trip in ‘25, and will follow it up with a call to O tomorrow to find out when the ATW itins are out, and to find out if they have a policy about a cruise cert deposit  cancellation if they can’t give me a definitive date about ATW itin availability. 

It seems silly that I am using a certificate to leapfrog bookings, the ATW 26 announcement seems to be later than normal.