Have you stayed in the 2 bedroom Haven Suite?

FredZiffle

I have a question regarding the 2nd bedroom.  In looking at videos, the bed appears to be something like a futon.  Is the mattress reasonably comfortable and large enough for an adult, or is the adult better off using the sofa bed in the main area?  Or are both so bad that we should look at other options?  This is on a Breakaway + ship if it matters.

I travel often with a friend.  We’ve been in the 2 BR on the Joy and the Breakaway.  My friend has stayed in the smaller BR both times and loves it.  I have no personal experience, but she never complained about the bed.  The steward kept it set up as a bed the whole time.  

• Like 1

The sofa bed is a pull out and is rather low (think trundle bed-8 or 10 inches off the floor).  As already mentioned with a topper (or two) it's comfortable.  The downside is if the occupant has any mobility issues, they could have a problem getting up.  The bed fits one "comfortably" I wouldn't want two.  On the Epic there's also a drop-down bed.  As mentioned, the room attendants normally leave the sofa in the bed configuration.  I've read others say they had the bed changed back to sofa daily, but the room attendants are so busy we just leave it as a bed.  For our next cruise it's just DH and myself and plan on having the sofa left as a sofa and using the room for naps.  The sofa is a great twin bed, and the dark room is ideal for nap time.  When GD travels with us she likes to have the pull-down bed made up, and the sofa left alone, giving her a "studio apartment" as she puts it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FredZiffle said:

I have a question regarding the 2nd bedroom.  In looking at videos, the bed appears to be something like a futon.  Is the mattress reasonably comfortable and large enough for an adult, or is the adult better off using the sofa bed in the main area?  Or are both so bad that we should look at other options?  This is on a Breakaway + ship if it matters.

The person(s) in the send bedroom are sleeping "on the sofa" or in the pullman bed from the ceiling. For kids, it is an adventure and they have fun. For an adult, it is uncomfortable,,, unless the Haven cruise is free then they should just be thankful and not complain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The person(s) in the send bedroom are sleeping "on the sofa" or in the pullman bed from the ceiling. For kids, it is an adventure and they have fun. For an adult, it is uncomfortable,,, unless the Haven cruise is free then they should just be thankful and not complain. 

My friend loves that second BR.  Again, she had no complaints about the bed.  She joked about falling asleep immediately any time day or night.  I can attest that she took at least one nap a day, usually more.  😂

In my humble opinion, it’s the best cabin on the ship.  I’ve never been in an Owners Suite or a Garden Villa, but the 2BR is fantastic.  It works out great for us.  We each have our own bedroom and bathroom, but have the common area to hang in.  ( And yes, I get the big bedroom.  It’s my status and gambling that gets us a decent rate.  She’s good with that!  😂)

• Like 2

I forgot to mention I'd definitely use the second bedroom over the living room sofa. I much prefer the privacy of the second bedroom.  Stayed in Owners Suite several times, and while I love them, I'd take the 2 BR if staying with someone else just to give them their "space".   When travelling with my parents we normally have a DOS, and I get the sofa.  The suites are fabulous, perks are great, but I really miss my own space.  

Edited by Girr
  • Like 1

We are traveling with another couple in the 2 bedroom Haven on the Escape. Bed will be tight for th couple but sure they will make it work. We decided to get the Haven 2 bedroom instead of 2 balconies as together was the same price lol. Only there 2nd cruise and 1st in Haven so they are excited! 

Just back from a trip with our adult daughter in a Haven 2BR on Breakaway.  We have been in 2BR suites on a number of different NCL ships.  She has slight back issues and is supercritical of her beds!  She has always worked with the room stewards to get the best configurations and it has always worked out. The most awkward one to solve was on Jewel ships, the Epic used to be a bit of a problem because of the configuration with the shower and bathroom but that improved when they changed the base sofa unit last year.  The Breakaway this year was probably the best so far.  The whole configuration will be less successful for a 2+2 group but for a 2+1 group is perfect.  You can live as a complete group in the main areas during the day, but once that door to the second bedroom is closed, the third person is completely in their own space.  That feeling will not come if that person uses the living room sofa.

• Like 2