LIVE! First Time Royal Cruiser In Wonder-land Oct 1-8th Let’s Cruise!

On 10/5/2023 at 8:39 PM, TravelBluebird said:

Again too loud.  After this trip and my last on Carnival I’m convinced most sound engineers are 1/2 deaf

They must be! I must remember ear plugs on our next cruise! 

Thank you very much for an awesome trip report. I really enjoyed following along with you. Even though I ended up a more than just a little bit behind, I’m all caught up now. I’ll be sure to look for your future postings both here and on YouTube.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 8:49 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Is that like a cruise but no water? Sounds a little odd to me but to each his/her own.

We were in the Ft Lauderdale area, so plenty of water, plenty of time on much smaller boats  (not exactly mega ships like Wonder), plenty of good food to eat, plenty of good entertainment to be enjoyed, pools big enough to actually swim in, and beautiful beaches. Somehow we managed to enjoy ourselves! 😂😂

Our next two vacations will be on mega cruise ships, Allure in April and Wonder in September.  🛳️🛳️  Can’t wait! 😆 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

We were in the Ft Lauderdale area, so plenty of water, plenty of time on much smaller boats  (not exactly mega ships like Wonder), plenty of good food to eat, plenty of good entertainment to be enjoyed, pools big enough to actually swim in, and beautiful beaches. Somehow we managed to enjoy ourselves! 😂😂

Our next two vacations will be on mega cruise ships, Allure in April and Wonder in September.  🛳️🛳️  Can’t wait! 😆 

We're on Allure in December and Mariner in April. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 2:38 AM, TravelBluebird said:

Cheese course was served before the sweet desert. I know they do it that way in England, but not France, where I learned to love cheese

In England we do cheese after sweet dessert, in France they have it before (which makes more sense to me!)

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, Ukigirl said:

Loved following your adventures as a first time solo cruiser. My first solo was last year and being a true introvert, what helped me was joining the slot pull. I met some awesome people and ended up having dinner with a few of them twice.  I loved Vintages in the evening, since it was quiet there most nights, I spent time talking to the bartenders (not sure if your ship had Vintages). Loved Central Park but agree with you, formal nights were lonely and I also missed my husband but still had a great time!  Great review!

@Ukigirl Thank you! No Vintages but we had the Giovanni Wine Bar; also looked quiet in the evenings.  

On 10/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, JustUs275 said:

I'm glad to read your positive weigh-in - I hope I have similar results on our sailing THIS SUNDAY! Eeeekkkk! 😁

I have really enjoyed your LIVE report, it was fun to read about all of your experiences.

Thank you!

@JustUs275 Good luck and have a GREAT cruise!

Yeah, I make myself do the weigh-ins after every tripp. I travel so much, and I’m already on the fluffy side, so I need to keep a watch on the whole thing. When you are a petite gal like me, there’s no place to hide extra pounds!

On 10/10/2023 at 12:53 AM, perfect match said:

Seems like our land trip distracted me from CC last week. We’re home, I’m trying to catch up here but have only made it through page 5 so far. Tomorrow is an early morning for me so this night owl can’t even stay up like I want to since I’m going to need to be functional tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll catch up here and everywhere else I want or need to by the end of the week. 

@perfect match I can relate to this right now! I had to take a few days off from social media once I got home—work, plus I’m traveling to Kentucky today to give a talk relating to my non-profit work.  

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 10:02 PM, perfect match said:

They must be! I must remember ear plugs on our next cruise! 

Thank you very much for an awesome trip report. I really enjoyed following along with you. Even though I ended up a more than just a little bit behind, I’m all caught up now. I’ll be sure to look for your future postings both here and on YouTube.

@perfect match You are welcome!

I finally got my second You Tube vlog up from the trip; will post a link here as soon as its fully uploaded!

• Like 1

Ok, the last of my 3 part series on this trip is up!  It’s a little late and I tell you why in the video. Plus, in the Bonus content I give a shout out to Cruise Critic!  There will be more videos from the trip, including one video on the Specialty Restaurants, one full Review of the trip, etc.

This one is a little long, but it covers St. Martin, the last 2 sea days and disembarkation, so I put in Chapters in case people don’t want to watch the whole thing.

I can’t believe my next trip and my next LIVE on Cruise Critic is just a month from now, on the Carnival Celebration!  I want to try Icon of the Seas, but I won’t sail on Royal Caribbean again without a balcony, and GOSH those prices are still up there!  Also want to take DH on a Royal Caribbean trip cause I know he’ll LOVE the specialty restaurants, so I may need to look around for a different ship. Any suggestions?

23 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Ok, the last of my 3 part series on this trip is up!  It’s a little late and I tell you why in the video. Plus, in the Bonus content I give a shout out to Cruise Critic!  There will be more videos from the trip, including one video on the Specialty Restaurants, one full Review of the trip, etc.

This one is a little long, but it covers St. Martin, the last 2 sea days and disembarkation, so I put in Chapters in case people don’t want to watch the whole thing.

I can’t believe my next trip and my next LIVE on Cruise Critic is just a month from now, on the Carnival Celebration!  I want to try Icon of the Seas, but I won’t sail on Royal Caribbean again without a balcony, and GOSH those prices are still up there!  Also want to take DH on a Royal Caribbean trip cause I know he’ll LOVE the specialty restaurants, so I may need to look around for a different ship. Any suggestions?

Look at the older oasis class ships. They are cheaper now they’re not the new kids on the block, but have the amenities you had on wonder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donsyb said:

Look at the older oasis class ships. They are cheaper now they’re not the new kids on the block, but have the amenities you had on wonder.

That is a great suggestion—having all the Specialty restaurants and amenities for DH is what I want, AND cheaper will let me afford a balcony room! 💕