LIVE! First Time Royal Cruiser In Wonder-land Oct 1-8th Let’s Cruise!

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Remember, your wish is their command, you have not because you ask not...just mention kindly they were cold and you'll have hotter potatoes, I guarantee it!  We once complained a little that cruises never serve rolls hot so the butter melts, ours were hot every night after.  So now we request heated rolls right up front on the first night.  They really care about pleasing the customer.  But most people don't ever comment on something that's not right.  Never hesitate.

@BecciBooSo true! The cold mashed taters came with my second lobster, and I decided I probably shouldn’t eat them anyway, so I didn’t ask.  Good to know about heating up the rolls!!

Well, I got to use the Aqua theater for a GREAT morning activity today!

They had the Zumba class there this morning!  Right up on the stage!!

First of all, Zumba is my exercise of choice. Second, I got to exercise looking at the ocean. It was breezy and shaded on the stage, so the weather was fine for Zumba!

They had the two “dance fitness” classes in the Boleros bar, I DO wish they would do these Zumba classes more often, and on the Aqua stage too!

No photos, as I couldn ‘t carry the phone with me for exercise.

Directly afer I had fruit, juice and lovely, fresh Brioche, egg, cheese and mushroom breakfast sandwich.  Then NO line at Cafe Promenade for my dry cappuccino.  Yay!  First time I got one that was not dry, but they immediately re-made it for me.

Then its been packing, finishing up a video, and a little swag shopping. got my ship model for my video “studio” and a really soft blue shirt with the Wonder logo.  

Just 2 small pieces of crispy pizza for lunch and my freestyle Diet Cherry Dr. Peppr.  I do love that I can get that on the ship!

More work on video this afternoon; early dinner at Izumi Hibachi, then the moved ice show.

• Like 3

And I got my first video from the ship up! It’s basically my first 2 days on the ship in video form; going to do 2 more (already taped) days 3 and 4, and days 5-7.

I always struggle with getting videos up while on the ship; I would rather experience the ship and then do the videos later. But here it is!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

And I got my first video from the ship up! It’s basically my first 2 days on the ship in video form; going to do 2 more (already taped) days 3 and 4, and days 5-7.

I always struggle with getting videos up while on the ship; I would rather experience the ship and then do the videos later. But here it is!

This was fabulous!!

Thank you again!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 1

Tidbits from today!

There were 6,507 passengers this week

An Alpha Alpha Alpha was called for Deck 16 this afternoon (medical emergency)

Never made it to Playmakers—only Specialty Restaurant I missed this week.  Well I didn’t do Chef’s Table either.

• Like 1

Hibachi  was just OK.  

Had the Beef Tenderloin and lobster.  Expected a better included appetizer than just salad. MeT and lobster good quality and well cooked.

Roy our chef was fun, but we had 2 small children at the table which I think affected the whole experience//not as raucous as Hibachi usually is. 

End of meal was slow..had to ask for desert and “check” to be brought so I could get to ice show on time. 
 And they brought the wrong desert first so you’re getting photos of two!  Evidently forgot a photo of the beef.

7B984740-53FD-415A-8E7F-476FBE41DB05.jpeg

ADEE09AD-EAAC-4D62-81F8-4B3F81E9D1DC.jpeg

5ED6992E-920B-4660-9B73-689C54DBCAFA.jpeg

4E3768B1-5767-460F-A956-0FEA4FF0513C.jpeg

194A3843-9A82-480D-8656-54B327079E81.jpeg

1B4C23C3-183F-4ACB-913F-9EA5E72EF4B8.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Still time to try the Campfire cookie... it's open late. 😁

That is a must, we made the mistake of not having it until our last night on our last cruise.  Wont make that mistake again,

Dan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TravelBluebird....WOW that cruise just flew by with the blink of your eye lids.....please continue on.

I will admit 6,000+ is way too many for my taste, but there are lots out there who like those types of big ships.

It has been fun following along looking forward to your next one as well.

Thanks @Hogladyrider its been a pleasure to have you all along!  

There were times the ship felt crowded, and times it did not. But there were a couple of times I as well aware that every single person in the town where my husband was born could fit in this ship! With room for a couple hundred more!

My next is Carnival Celebration the end of November, then HAL cruise to Antarctica and South America in January, and Carnival Jubilee in March.

• Like 4

I loved the ice show! Beautifully staged, and I’m in awe of skaters that can flip and lift and spin in the air like that!

Went upstairs to find a spot to contemplate the ocean, but was unsuccessful, although the pool deck was good and empty and I enjoyed the breeze…then it started to rain again (brief tropical sort of rain).

Luggage lining the halls…such a sad sight!  

C41F511A-A91C-4628-97A7-781109F6224D.jpeg

1EEB0EB7-0C5A-46B0-80CB-A75BFD7243F8.jpeg

99C9794F-C556-4C86-A8B7-924132058600.jpeg

AC8C433C-EF79-4710-96B1-3FD47E4CFCDC.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 3

And finally tonight, with great apologies to the original lyricist (John Denver) of Leavin’ On a Jet Plane:

All my BAGS ARE PACKED 😭

I’m (not) ready to go.

I’m standing here, right near my door.

I hate to leave this cruise, and say goodbye!

But the cruise is ending, there is no more.

Real life is waiting, I’m feeling forlorn

Soon I’ll be so landlocked; I could cry!

So read my LIVE! And smile for me

I’ll read yours when you’re on the sea

On Cruise Critic, our cruise passion really shines!

I’m leavin’ on a jet plane!

Two months ‘till I can cruise again.

But still, I hate to go.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Thanks @Hogladyrider its been a pleasure to have you all along!  

There were times the ship felt crowded, and times it did not. But there were a couple of times I as well aware that every single person in the town where my husband was born could fit in this ship! With room for a couple hundred more!

My next is Carnival Celebration the end of November, then HAL cruise to Antarctica and South America in January, and Carnival Jubilee in March.

Please post the link here, or on carnival!!

hugs and safe travels home

I really enjoyed your cruise!!

• Like 2

Love the parody Dee,,,where were you during the Cruise Critic poem contest?  that tune was one of my favorites back in the day (dating myself)

Of all the venues on Odyssey, Playmakers was our biggest disappointment! Burger was dry and unappealing and I had high expectations for that!  Didn't even enjoy the famous fries.  Didn't even order the cookie we were so disappointed.  Different strokes for different folks.  Based on our experience don't think we'll ever brave the stairs to get up there again.  Course the soccer tourney was on that day and there were at least a million people there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Of all the venues on Odyssey, Playmakers was our biggest disappointment! Burger was dry and unappealing and I had high expectations for that!  Didn't even enjoy the famous fries.  Didn't even order the cookie we were so disappointed.  Different strokes for different folks.  Based on our experience don't think we'll ever brave the stairs to get up there again.

Sounds more like you got a poorly prepared meal rather than it being a personal preference/different strokes issue. I know someone who had the burger twice during the same cruise... said it was bad the first time and great the second time. My wife and I had the burger and fries twice (on Indy) and everything was excellent both times.

If you don't want to, so be it, but I'd encourage you to try it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Please post the link here, or on carnival!!

hugs and safe travels home

I really enjoyed your cruise!!

@princess76021 I will!  I am at the airport awaiting my flight home.  Currently at the Delta Sky Club because I have over 3 hours. Stupid cost of $50 (with my Delta Platinum card) BUT if you figure espresso coffee $7, Lunch $25 and water bottle $4, that’s $36 right there, not including boredom shopping in the terminal, so it’s like spending $14 extra dollars for peace, quiet, a plug, and a good internet connection.  

1006D296-D64B-430F-BE81-A3D1605DE2F8.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Love the parody Dee,,,where were you during the Cruise Critic poem contest?  that tune was one of my favorites back in the day (dating myself)

Of all the venues on Odyssey, Playmakers was our biggest disappointment! Burger was dry and unappealing and I had high expectations for that!  Didn't even enjoy the famous fries.  Didn't even order the cookie we were so disappointed.  Different strokes for different folks.  Based on our experience don't think we'll ever brave the stairs to get up there again.  Course the soccer tourney was on that day and there were at least a million people there.

@BecciBoo Well that was part of it; by the time I had a free lunch (Saturday) it was game day and that place was PACKED. if the Vols were playing I would have done it though!

Edited by TravelBluebird

Disembarkation was a breeze!

I woke up at 7:20 (which is like EARLY for this night owl), threw on my clothes, put the PJS and toothbrush etc in a plastic bag in my carry-on, and went down to Park Cafe for a final breakfast (and settled for the regular coffee to make life easy).

Had the Egg, Ham and Cheese breakfast sandwich (they make them to order, you get a little round thing that rings when its ready) with coffee and juice. Need to fortify for a day at airports!

Went to the Main Dining Room on 5 to wait for my group to be called. That was a little disorganized; no group loudspeaker announcents. When someone at the door called 47, I was group 45, so joined the queue to disembark.

It was a long line of people getting off the gangplank and down the walkways to get the luggage, but it moved quickly.  Found mine right away, put the plastic bag with the overnight things into my main luggage,  and then did that wonderfully easy biometrics thing where you look in the camera and BOOM you are done with customs etc.. Don’t even have to fill out a customs form or take out your passport!  I know some people don’t like it due to invasion of privacy, but gosh it makes life easier when you travel!

I wonder if some camera somewhere caught you leaving Diamonds International with multiple shopping bags if you would be stopped at the biometric camera when disembarking? 😂

F9DFD58F-0EB5-44F3-B626-2A8339BFF19C.jpeg

CB0067C9-8486-4076-AF30-A75D0263A885.jpeg

4F4F1CA4-E7E4-45D8-8975-ABE22525FAC4.jpeg

691AA3FE-712A-45C3-95BC-F2A63ADA77CE.jpeg

7AED8B90-1932-4926-B8B4-2AA8D056E91C.jpeg

7986772A-81F1-4FA8-A210-A07F51253DAD.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 1