LIVE! First Time Royal Cruiser In Wonder-land Oct 1-8th Let’s Cruise!

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

I think HAL has come a long way since my last cruise, so we shall see! I do love live music.  And I remember you from the Venezia Live!  Thanks for the subscribe too—I’m SO close to 1,000 subscribers and can’t believe it!

You just got one more subscriber! We leave in the morning for a land trip, but I’ll have my tablet and WiFi, so I’ll still be checking in. DH is very much an early bird and I’m a night owl 🦉 so we only have one somewhat late night on this trip. we have a 2BR condo, so plenty of room for us to spread out on this trip! 😀

Right now I think I’d better go write the note I promised our cat 🐈‍⬛ 🐈‍⬛ sitter before I get any more involved here on CC and don’t get it done.

Hope you have a great sailaway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfect match said:

You just got one more subscriber! We leave in the morning for a land trip, but I’ll have my tablet and WiFi, so I’ll still be checking in. DH is very much an early bird and I’m a night owl 🦉 so we only have one somewhat late night on this trip. we have a 2BR condo, so plenty of room for us to spread out on this trip! 😀

Right now I think I’d better go write the note I promised our cat 🐈‍⬛ 🐈‍⬛ sitter before I get any more involved here on CC and don’t get it done.

Hope you have a great sailaway. 

Another night owl married to an early bird here! I’m trying to go to bed “early” because of my early flight tomorrow, and I’m hoping for midnight. Don’t judge me 😂

Thanks for the subscribe and for following this LIVE!  Have a fantastic trip; condos seem so big after ship cabins, don’t they?

• Like 2

Ugh. So about 1/2 hour ago I get this text message from Delta:

“Your flight XXXXX  is now departing at 9:32 am on Sep 30 from TYS.

If you'd like to stay on your current flight, you don't need to do anything at this time. If you would like to search for alternative flights, you may change your flight at no additional cost at https://tw.delta.com/eBBlS4fVrT and selecting ''Find Other Flights''.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated on any future changes.”

That is a 45 minute delay, which would get that flight in now less than 10 minutes before boarding for my plane in ATL  to MCO. I’v had some 20 minute plus between gates in Atlanta, so that would be stressful (especially with any further delays!)  AND such a tight connection in Atlanta is a great way to not have your luggage make it with you.

OK, I definitely want a later flight out of ATL now.

First I go and try the “Find Other Flights” as suggested in the text. I try on computer and on my app and there is NO such link. As link to cancel, sure, but not to “find other flights”

So I call Delta instead.  Not a bad wait (3 minutes) My agent (definitely in India) is hard to understand and seems to have a hard time understanding me. First, she wants to set me up with a flight leaving ATL at 6pm. There are like 4 other earlier flights!  Then she suggests a flight that gets in at 10pm. Um NO. I tell her please get me on the 12:46, the 1:47 or the 3:10 direct flights. 

She finally gets me on the 12:46 flight (so I’ll have an extra hour plus 15 in case of further delays. Can’t get me in Comfort Plus, but at this point I’ll sit on the wing if I have to, so I’m back of the plane, but in a window seat at least. Short flight, I’ll live.

Still a little nervous there might be additional delays on my flight from TYS, but I suppose I can always hop that 6 or 10pm flight if that happens.   I do ask why the delay and she told me it was for a crew re-arrangement. 

At least I got a a text tonight and didn’t find out in the morning!  I’m a little hyped up; need to have some calming tea before bed.

• Like 5

Well one nice thing is I still get to board with the COMF+ people even though I’m in Economy (as I just saw in my app).

Shows 2 seats available in COM+ but cannot select them for some reason on the app. Really I was lucky to get on the plane at all—its packed; 5 seats available on the whole plane.

• Like 4

Wow! Glad you got a seat on a flight that will work for you, and thank goodness for that timely text! 

We live in Central FL, so only about a four hour drive to our resort for us. At least I hope that’s all it is. It took us 61/2 hours to drive to FLL for a cruise once due to accidents, construction, weather, you name it, if it could slow us down it happened! Good thing we drove down the day before our cruise! We were so exhausted by the time we got to our hotel that we ditched our plans to go out for a nice dinner in Ft Lauderdale and ate sandwiches in our room from them Subway that was right around the corner from our hotel.

I hope your flight connections go smoothly for you and you’re able to connect with your flight in Atlanta. Oh, and if they can’t move you to the comfort class seat you paid for then they should be reimbursing you for the difference in what you paid. I’m guessing that the phone rep you talked to didn’t understand the difference in seat classifications, maybe some more training needed there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I hope your flight connections go smoothly for you and you’re able to connect with your flight in Atlanta. Oh, and if they can’t move you to the comfort class seat you paid for then they should be reimbursing you for the difference in what you paid. I’m guessing that the phone rep you talked to didn’t understand the difference in seat classifications, maybe some more training needed there.

Thanks! You’re lucky to be able to drive. I just wish my airport had direct flights to the Florida ports; nearly everything is through Atlanta.  

I did inquire about getting $$ back and I have to wait till after the flight to put in for reimbursement, and I most definitely will do that.  

• Like 2

At the airport! I LOVE my home airport. Not too big, not too small.  Just 12 gates. Reminds me of the Portland ME airport I flew into many years to visit family. 

Lovely surprise when hubby drove me up to the airport departures area—the outside baggage drop was open! I haven’t seen that manned since before the pandemic.  No line…hubby handed a tip for him, and I had my luggage tags and boarding passes is about 2 minutes.  Fast and efficient.

Also zero line for TSA Pre.  We have those nifty-looking baggage check machines that look like MRI machines now. I always have to get patted down due to all the hardware in my knee and my ankle though; I miss the days I could just fly through TSA.

I am at the airport WAY too early….should have adjusted arrival time more after I heard about the delay. No worries; limited but good options for shopping and breakfast here.  Flight still showing the same delay.

At the airport, we have a great little shop called Tennessee Marketplace. They have an impressive selection of Tennessee Vols, Tennesseee and Knoxville shirts. I often buy one, but not this trip. got my bottle of water for flights and an emergency snack (Famous Amos cookies in a little bag...I mean, if there is an emergency, I need something tasty).  Our airport also has a Starbucks, a Cinnabon, a Quiznos, and a Ruby Tuesday. We even have an art installation!

Checked my app when I sat down at the gate. Hmm.. enough frequent flyers fled my flight for the earlier one (there was a 6am-ish flight that I just didn’t want to wake up for) that I’m now #2 for a First Class upgrade, and there are 2 seats left. Would be nice but not a big deal; the flight is such a quick hop to ATL and the plane is a commuter.  Still showing Economy for plane #2 with 2 seats in Comfort Plus. However, no seats left in Economy at all; glad I changed my flight from ATL last night.

You’ll notice in the photo of me at the airport I’m in the same outfit I always seem to be in at the airport. it’s my favorite fly-to-a-cruise. outfit. Vaguely tropical and very comfortable, plus jacket has a bit of a sleeve for cold planes (and later air conditioned ships!). And sneakers so I can run through ATL if necessary.  Do you have a go-to flying outfit?

Off to find more coffee! 

39C63F31-85B7-4408-BAB7-B3DE0245BAAE.jpeg

5166F065-B1E0-4467-A268-9838FD3A7F35.jpeg

8A960A3C-8628-46F3-82E7-F46BE4E70865.jpeg

D69FDF4E-9C91-45A2-A754-B04FFB78F9CC.jpeg

288840F1-E0E2-4933-B05A-96E11DBD96FF.jpeg

9B7EC8A8-B543-4E2F-BAAF-DC460042C28B.jpeg

4AF6BE61-C35B-4C72-A7FE-6578671D316B.jpeg

2D0F699F-3194-46D1-851A-B0F0145429BD.jpeg

6AF3C8A3-BAF0-46E4-8F08-9B127FF16C23.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

Interesting—our delay was a cascading effect from that flooding mess up in LaGuardia yesterday,  according to the pilot. 

Safe Flight(s)!!!! 

LaGuardia and much of NY was under quite a bit of water yesterday. A true flash flood that came on quick and left many people abandoning their cars in the middle of parkways to seek safety. But enough about that!

Im excited to follow along as I’ll be cruising WOS in 71 days after taking nearly 8 years off from RCCL! Can’t wait to read all about your food experience and all this ship has to offer

• Like 1

In Atlanta!  Would have JUST made the originally scheduled flight, but no regrets on changing because I’m totally stress-free.

Decided to get an Einstein’s Bagel Egg Sandwich and sit a bit since I have time, and not eating again till dinner,

ATL is packed but nearly every plane is on time here, so everyone coming this way will make it to the cruise tomorrow!

6C9C3EC7-FEF1-4ADD-93B0-9594DA4981A5.jpeg

173F8735-946B-4970-95D1-CD4B8DA5E742.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spinelli1107 said:

Safe Flight(s)!!!! 

LaGuardia and much of NY was under quite a bit of water yesterday. A true flash flood that came on quick and left many people abandoning their cars in the middle of parkways to seek safety. But enough about that!

Im excited to follow along as I’ll be cruising WOS in 71 days after taking nearly 8 years off from RCCL! Can’t wait to read all about your food experience and all this ship has to offer

@Spinelli1107 Thank you!

LaGuardia was a mess yesterday. There are some crazy videos on Twitter—err X— that show Terminal A completely flooded with people trying to walk through holding their shoes!

Ooh must be nice to be back after an 8 year break! That is what it will be like for me on HAL in January.

Glad to have you along!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

An entire flotilla of wheelchairs and strollers are now boarding! 

Old people and kids coming here? NO WAY! 🤣

EDIT: Yes I know there are numerous reasons for one to use a wheelchair, please don't read into what was meant to be a purely humorous response.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Do you have a go-to flying outfit?

yes, firstly, a shorty dress, can't abide doing a public restroom in dangling pant legs...ish!  It's sleeveless but I usually take a drape of some sort in case I get cold.  I always wear this on a travel day, even car travel.  The thought of anything I'm wearing dragging on the floors is abhorrent! Following!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Old people and kids coming here? NO WAY! 🤣

EDIT: Yes I know there are numerous reasons for one to use a wheelchair, please don't read into what was meant to be a purely humorous response.

Edited 10 minutes ago by OCSC Mike

It was hilarious!  And, well, true.  

Plane is stuffed to the gills, The economy seat is fine for a short trip (1 hour in air) there’s just SO MANY PEOPLE (says the gal going on The World’s Largest Cruise Ship). 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

yes, firstly, a shorty dress, can't abide doing a public restroom in dangling pant legs...ish!  It's sleeveless but I usually take a drape of some sort in case I get cold.  I always wear this on a travel day, even car travel.  The thought of anything I'm wearing dragging on the floors is abhorrent! Following!

@BecciBoo Your travel outfit sounds lovely!  And I get that phobia. I’m more worried about being cold on the airplane, so wear comfy black pants.   And thanks for following along!

• Like 1