How early can luggage be dropped off at Port Canaveral?

Sun Lover

7:30 am, as was told by the porters.  

Our usual is to arrive around 9 am, drop the luggage with the porters, continue up into the ramp to the left to find a parking spot.   Leave the carry on bags in the vehicle, walk next door to Grills for a "Bon Voyage" Bloody Mary and enjoy the view of our new home.  Then walk back to the vehicle to pick up the carry on bags to check in.  Many go there for breakfast as well.  

😉   Cheers and have a great cruise.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our usual is to arrive around 9 am, drop the luggage with the porters, continue up into the ramp to the left to find a parking spot.   Leave the carry on bags in the vehicle, walk next door to Grills for a "Bon Voyage" Bloody Mary and enjoy the view of our new home.  Then walk back to the vehicle to pick up the carry on bags to check in.  Many go there for breakfast as well.  

I really want your life, Pat ;o)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

After our parking experiences the last two cruises out of PC I think we'll make sure we're over there by 930 and hang out for a bit.   We're on Wonder in Jan for a b2b. We normally get the first check in time (plus we're always in a JS so can technically arrive earlier than our time) so not that long a wait.  We don't drink Bloody Mary's but going to Grills is always an option.  Worse case, we can sit and read for a bit outside the terminal.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

I really want your life, Pat ;o)

Awww...thanks my friend...but I think your life is pretty cool too.  After all....you enjoyed the Wonder like we did last year.  😉    I just finished check in for B2B for end of next month.  Halloween on Wonder again, and even in the same cabin.  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oceanbeau10 said:

Do you have to arrive early to get a spot in the parking garage?  Our cruise departs on a Monday.

That is the reason we come in early.  Spots fill up quick in the garage.  Even though your cruise is on Monday....you will have vehicles in the garage that are on other cruises.  Wonder leaves on Sunday the day before yours.  

1 hour ago, Sun Lover said:

If we were to drop our luggage off a couple hours before our arrival time, do you think it could get lost or mixed up with luggage for passengers disembarking from the previous cruise?

Nope.  Two completely different set ups.  Porters taking incoming luggage are only doing that and will be nowhere near luggage that is leaving.  Luggage brought off the ship is sitting in the terminal in a room that is only accessible by those departing.  Passengers only mingle outside the terminal and those leaving already have their luggage at that point.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww...thanks my friend...but I think your life is pretty cool too.  After all....you enjoyed the Wonder like we did last year.  😉    I just finished check in for B2B for end of next month.  Halloween on Wonder again, and even in the same cabin.  🙂 

We sure did, although not as much as we wanted to.  Our next cruise is Radiance PC in early April next year.  Hoping to finally book the Allure WB TA for 2025 in a month or two.  Lots of places we weren't able to visit in Spain with Pam's bum knee.  

At least you know what to expect with your cabin and the parking situation!  When we did Indy right after she returned to PC in late 2021 we got to the port at 9:30 a.m. and had to park at the top of the garage at Terminal 1.  I show that at the beginning of this video: Embarkation Day on Indy (11/1/21)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I love your positivity….. one day I hope we are on a cruise and have a drink together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If you get there too early sometimes there aren’t Ny open spaces, and at times we weren’t allowed in to even try to park.

That's why we figure 930 is a good time as everyone should be off the ship and the majority of people are gone.  A lot of people who drive also do walk off which does help.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, island lady said:

when we sailed on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago we came at our usual 9:15 time and the garage was closed.  We were approached by a very rude and loud port worker who literally screamed at us and told us to come back at 9:30.   We were shocked but left and came back at 9:35 and it was still closed!  Although there were 3 cars already sitting on the ramp waiting to go in this same crazy worker approached us still yelling it wasn’t opened!  My husband told him it was 9:35 and if he had a problem with us to go get his supervisor!  He stormed off, the gate was opened and we went into the garage with the other people waiting.

it was the weirdest and most upsetting scenario I have ever had at this terminal.  Maybe he was having a bad day or off his meds but he clearly didn’t like us for some reason.  so just be aware if Terminal 1 is his permanent post you very well may not get in until after 9:30.

sailed out of T5 this past Saturday and had a completely opposite experience.  Everyone was so very nice even though we were early😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BND said:

That's why we figure 930 is a good time as everyone should be off the ship and the majority of people are gone.  A lot of people who drive also do walk off which does help.

I agree.. although earlier this year we were on Wonder that came in a day late because they had to drop off a sick person, which shortened our cruise by a day. And since it wasn’t supposed to be there that day, all the cars from that cruise hadn’t left yet and we and other cruisers on the Independence all were trying to park, but couldn’t because the lot was full. It was a nightmare, people were lined up all the way to the highway, which is where our friends got stuck…..for a long time.  I know things like that don’t happen often, but…….. I agree with your time, we usually are out of the car by 10

13 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

when we sailed on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago we came at our usual 9:15 time and the garage was closed.  We were approached by a very rude and loud port worker who literally screamed at us and told us to come back at 9:30.   We were shocked but left and came back at 9:35 and it was still closed!  Although there were 3 cars already sitting on the ramp waiting to go in this same crazy worker approached us still yelling it wasn’t opened!  My husband told him it was 9:35 and if he had a problem with us to go get his supervisor!  He stormed off, the gate was opened and we went into the garage with the other people waiting.

it was the weirdest and most upsetting scenario I have ever had at this terminal.  Maybe he was having a bad day or off his meds but he clearly didn’t like us for some reason.  so just be aware if Terminal 1 is his permanent post you very well may not get in until after 9:30.

sailed out of T5 this past Saturday and had a completely opposite experience.  Everyone was so very nice even though we were early😁

That definitely does not make sense...and his behavior was totally uncalled for.  I am so sorry you had to go through that.  So weird as the porter I talked to a few months ago was happy to tell me I could drop bags off as early as 7:30.  

Yikes, I hope I don't run into that mean porter next month.  Will still try to arrive at our usual 9:30 and hope for the best.  Thanks for the info.  🙂 

On 9/28/2023 at 5:02 AM, island lady said:

Yep, that's what we do.  Grills has some good Buiscut and Gravy.  After that, move over to the outside Tiki Bar and start enjoying their great Bloody Marys.  If I remember correctly, eat breakfast slowly if you get there early, the outside Tiki bar doesn't open until ~9:00 AM.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Sun Lover said:

Island Lady, what is the walk like from the port to Grills?  Someone said because of the road configuration it would be more like a mile to walk instead of a half mile.  Is it on a busy road?  How long did it take?

Well, I'm not Island Lady but I'm here to tell you that it isn't even close to a mile to Grills.  In fact, there is a sidewalk that goes directly from the terminal to the bar, there is even a restroom along the way (I can't promise it will be unlocked, thought):

image.png.ec611304c9596da855f25db83bf783d6.png

Disclaimer:  Unless there is some construction going on.

15 hours ago, island lady said:

That definitely does not make sense...and his behavior was totally uncalled for.  I am so sorry you had to go through that.  So weird as the porter I talked to a few months ago was happy to tell me I could drop bags off as early as 7:30.  

Yikes, I hope I don't run into that mean porter next month.  Will still try to arrive at our usual 9:30 and hope for the best.  Thanks for the info.  🙂 

He wasn’t a porter…..he was the garage entrance psycho!!  😂😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, that's what we do.  Grills has some good Buiscut and Gravy.  After that, move over to the outside Tiki Bar and start enjoying their great Bloody Marys.  If I remember correctly, eat breakfast slowly if you get there early, the outside Tiki bar doesn't open until ~9:00 AM.  

Yup, hence our 9:30 arrival.  Ahh...sipping those Bloody Marys on the dock by the Tiki Bar...getting our cruise groove on.  😉 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, hence our 9:30 arrival.  Ahh...sipping those Bloody Marys on the dock by the Tiki Bar...getting our cruise groove on.  😉 

Humans shouldn't be allowed to have such fun/pleasure!

• Haha 1