MDR breakfast menu

liberty176

11 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I don’t think an MDR breakfast for us has ever taken more than 45 minutes.  We have had prompt service and the MDRs we’ve selected were never full.  Never a problem with food temperature either. Sorry your experience was so different. 

Same with us.  Never had a problem with food or service, always enjoyable.  Just walking by the buffet and seeing all those people wandering around with their plates looking for tables and the constant noise is enough to put us off eating.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Same with us.  Never had a problem with food or service, always enjoyable.  Just walking by the buffet and seeing all those people wandering around with their plates looking for tables and the constant noise is enough to put us off eating.  

We also enjoy the MDR most days. We usually have very good and quick service, but we usually go about 30 minutes before they close so maybe they want to wrap it up? That suits us as we are happy to be in and out quickly.
While I do enjoy the selection in the buffet, I find it so chaotic, cafeteria like and generally unpleasant. 

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, sunviking90 said:

We also enjoy the MDR most days. We usually have very good and quick service, but we usually go about 30 minutes before they close so maybe they want to wrap it up? That suits us as we are happy to be in and out quickly.
While I do enjoy the selection in the buffet, I find it so chaotic, cafeteria like and generally unpleasant. 

Agree 100%.  My DH refuses to eat in there.  We do drop in from time to time to make up bowls of fresh fruit to snack on in our cabin.  Occasionally they even have berries.  I can always get berries in the MDR.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Agree 100%.  My DH refuses to eat in there.  We do drop in from time to time to make up bowls of fresh fruit to snack on in our cabin.  Occasionally they even have berries.  I can always get berries in the MDR.

Just ask them for berries. They'll get them from the fridge- whatever you want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish Princess would change up their breakfast a little more, especially the vegetarian options.  I would love to see some breakfast burritos, chilaquiles, or Indian dishes.  A spicy sambar would be fantastic.  Instead, I usually get some muesli and a side of cottage cheese.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

You’ve hit on my main objection to the buffet. I am very noise sensitive. The MDR breakfast is a peaceful, quiet, orderly experience. 

• Like 6

I am happy that they have options that suit many (most?) of us!  And thanks to info from Cruise Critic, on my last princess cruise, I for the first time went to the I, C, during breakfast hours to try a doughnut. I had never known that the IC served donuts in the morning.

• Like 1

We enjoy breakfast in the MDR, but I do wish they would extend the hours to 9:30 a.m. instead of closing at 9 a.m.. We love our leisurely sea day mornings and sometimes want to take our time and sleep in so don’t always make the 9 a.m. cut off. The buffet is a zoo at breakfast, but if we end up grabbing breakfast there we usually bring it back to our cabin and eat in peace on our balcony. On port days we are up and out early so usually order room service or grab a bite at the IC. It would be nice if they expanded the breakfast room service options. I’ve had some success writing in warm items, but not consistently. Worth a try but YMMV. 

• Like 1

I love Eggs Benedict so I usually go to the MDR twice during a week-long cruise to have them. Not on the menu but you can order any day. I don’t mind the buffet especially if I have an early morning excursion. If the weather is nice I like to take my food to the outside area at the back, there is coffee available there too.

Edited by sboh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

We enjoy breakfast in the MDR, but I do wish they would extend the hours to 9:30 a.m. instead of closing at 9 a.m.

Ok this clears up why I have never done MDR breakfast, nor did I realize it was an option. I am NOT an early morning person. As for those with sensory issues like me, we are usually on a cruise with at least decent weather and we choose to sit outside for breakfast.

We found upgrades when in Club(now Reserve Class) It was not huge but small differences, The head waiters normally would do "specials" for those in Club or Suites level. You can always ask for additional choices & in most cases(if reasonable) will grant them.

Edited by rbtan
additions