Warm mixers ruin good liquors.

Guest Cooper2020

Guest Cooper2020

Why oh why do Regent add warm mixers to their quality beverages?

Has anyone else noticed flat drinks served?

On my very  recent Regent cruise (this month)  drinks were spoilt by adding warm mixers.   The mixers were kept on the counter in every bar on the ship including pool bar.  Had so many spoilt/wasted drinks.  When questioned  about the warm mixers the bar staff replied there is no room for  mixers in the fridge.  As soon as. warm mixers hit cold ice the bubbles dissipate  (fact) and the drinks go flat. 

Come on Regent if you are serving quality liquors then please  keep the mixers in the fridge.

By the by.  Why do they stock  the 'Royal Club' brand - it is a luxury cruise line after all.

Ah, so that explains my recent restaurant experience.  I ordered a G&T and it was flat.  Asked for it to be remade with canned/bottled tonic instead of fountain dispenser. The replacement drink arrived and was also flat. This despite being told that they only use canned tonic and a fresh can was used.  Mystery solved!   Unfortunately, it seems to be common practice at restaurant bars to keep the mixers sitting out.  However, this was the first time I really noticed the issue of the tonic going flat. Live and learn.

• Like 2

Hmm I always wondered why g&t’s I have at home are better and fizzier than I often get in restaurants and bars - this must be the reason ! I always thought they were using large bottle of tonic that have gone flat .

Yes they really should keep the mixers refrigerated. Might have to ask for my tins of tonic to be served separately in an ice bucket ! 

5 hours ago, Cooper2020 said:

Why oh why do Regent add warm mixers to their quality beverages?

Has anyone else noticed flat drinks served?

On my very  recent Regent cruise (this month)  drinks were spoilt by adding warm mixers.   The mixers were kept on the counter in every bar on the ship including pool bar.  Had so many spoilt/wasted drinks.  When questioned  about the warm mixers the bar staff replied there is no room for  mixers in the fridge.  As soon as. warm mixers hit cold ice the bubbles dissipate  (fact) and the drinks go flat. 

Come on Regent if you are serving quality liquors then please  keep the mixers in the fridge.

By the by.  Why do they stock  the 'Royal Club' brand - it is a luxury cruise line after all.

On our cruise on Splendor last month if you wished to have Fever Tree Tonic with your Gin, you only had to ask.

• Like 2

Guest Cooper2020
22 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

The pool bartender didn’t have Fever Tree and pretty much said he couldn’t get it (or wouldn’t) but I was able to get it elsewhere on the ship by asking.

I managed to get fever tree  in the Mariner lounge but they said it was a special order and they were doing me a favour!!!   I asked for it to be stored in the fridge.   I think fever tree on an ultra cruise should be standard. 

13 hours ago, paratrooper69 said:

Good liquor is always ruined by any mixer, other than another good distilled beverage.  JMHO.

I'm with you!  The only "mixer" necessary is ice and maybe a drop of water to open up the liquor.  And that ONLY If the liquor calls for it! Cheers!!  Bourbon on the Rocks for me!  🥃😎 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife always kicks me when I order a vodka tonic with lime, and they ask me if I prefer a particular vodka.... I always rely, " How good is your tonic?" That's when I get the kick!!  

Nine times out of ten, the bar tonic out of the multi-beverage dispenser will be flat and with blended flavors.  

I believe it best to always order a drink with a premium mixer/tonic. JIMOHO.

Edited by dfdub
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dfdub said:

My wife always kicks me when I order a vodka tonic with lime, and they ask me if I prefer a particular vodka.... I always rely, " How good is your tonic?" That's when I get the kick!!  

Nine times out of ten, the bar tonic out of the multi-beverage dispenser will be flat and with blended flavors.  

I believe it best to always order a drink with a premium mixer/tonic. JIMOHO.

I feel your "pain."  My wife is always kicking me too.  Difference is, I rarely know WHY she kicks me. 🤣

• Haha 2