Wondering why

jhenry1

I am just wondering why Regent has listed  prices for Cruise Fare and All Inclusive Cruise Fare on the Feb 2024 Splendor Cruise Barbados to Barbados  when they are not offering Hotel, Transfers, or Air for this cruise. You really don’t have a choice. You are basically required to take the Cruise Fare  with the exception of a few couples from the UK FOR SOME REASON.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN?

3 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

I am just wondering why Regent has listed  prices for Cruise Fare and All Inclusive Cruise Fare on the Feb 2024 Splendor Cruise Barbados to Barbados  when they are not offering Hotel, Transfers, or Air for this cruise. You really don’t have a choice. You are basically required to take the Cruise Fare  with the exception of a few couples from the UK FOR SOME REASON.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN?

As you say, us in the UK can certainly get the air. Perhaps you should ask Regent if there is any reason why you folks in the States, can't.

So called Regent again and now they said the Hotel is sold out. My cruise was booked back in May and the hotel was not offered then or the air according to my TA. Now they are saying the air economy is offered but not hotel or the transfer from hotel to ship.Crazy and not sure what is going on here. 

I read somewhere recently (I can’t remember where) that there was a problem with air, hotels, ground transportation, and other services in Barbados. Not enough of these services to handle the number of cruisers and other tourists going there. That may be the reason Regent isn’t offering air hotels, and transfers there.  Maybe Regent can’t. In any event, if Regent comes clean with the reason, I hope I will see it on this thread.

I recently was researching Caribbean lux cruises, and was surprised to see how many departed from and/or returned to that island. Because of what I had read, I didn’t book a cruise with Barbados as a cruise departure or return point. 

I also read that there was a lack of hotels needed by Regent. I think there was a thread that included that back in the Spring on CC. Seems that Barbados is a popular destination for Brits with good air service. 

During the pandemic Barbados did a lot of advertising about working from their island with good wi fi.  I also seem to remember that Barbados was one of the first cruise ports to open up and cruises started scheduling from there, revising itineraries.

There is a thread in this forum about Barbados not being able to supply hotel rooms for everyone coming in.  From what I remember on the forum, it came up as a surprise and Regent had to cancel hotels for some that had already had their cruise/hotel/air booked.  I bet no one has any kind of estimate when the very high occupancy rate will go down.

If you search for Barbados on this forum you will see where is it talked about this last spring.

9 minutes ago, cwn said:

I also read that there was a lack of hotels needed by Regent. I think there was a thread that included that back in the Spring on CC. Seems that Barbados is a popular destination for Brits with good air service. 

As a Brit, this is one of the reasons we chose this cruise.  Direct flights to Barbados from LHR, straight into visiting islands rather than 2 days sailing to and from Miami.  I know a lot of people relish sea days but we are keen to get going on visiting islands, having never visited the Caribbean before.  We have confirmed flights and a hotel (Sam Lord's Castle - newly opened) and transfers included.  At least that's what Regent tells me ...