Location and name of buffet?

Etta1213

I'm considering Princess for our next cruise. We like the buffet rather than dining room. DH has mobility issues. Which set of elevators is the buffet near? (We'd get a cabin near those elevators.) Buffet has same location and name on all Princess ships? 

Edited by Etta1213

29 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I'm considering Princess for our next cruise. We like the buffet rather than dining room. DH has mobility issues. Which set of elevators is the buffet near? (We'd get a cabin near those elevators.) Buffet has same location and name on all Princess ships? 

No, buffet does not have same name and location on all Princess ships.

It's called either Horizon Court or WorldFresh Marketplace, depending on ship.

And, it's either forward or aft on Lido deck.  (Island and Coral is forward, all the others are aft, FWIW, currently).

Starting with the Sun Princess (new next year), it's moving down to lower decks.

Deck plans are at the website.  Pick your ship and check the deck plan for it... 

• Like 2

Just now, reedprincess said:

No, buffet does not have same name and location on all Princess ships.

It's called either Horizon Court or WorldFresh Marketplace, depending on ship.

And, it's either forward or aft on Lido deck.  (Island and Coral is forward, all the others are aft, FWIW, currently).

Starting with the Sun Princess (new next year), it's moving down to lower decks.

Deck plans are at the website.  Pick your ship and check the deck plan for it... 

Thank you. I had picked out a tentative cruise, looked at deck plans, but couldn't tell which was the buffet. Will look again.💜

18 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Thank you. I had picked out a tentative cruise, looked at deck plans, but couldn't tell which was the buffet. Will look again.💜

Your thread reminds me that I think the forward cabins on the Lido have been our favorite, in part because no elevators needed to get to the pools, Salty Dog Grill, Pizza or the buffet on most ships. Good for those with mobility issues. The cabin doors are narrow. Consider as this might be an issue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Your thread reminds me that I think the forward cabins on the Lido have been our favorite, in part because no elevators needed to get to the pools, Salty Dog Grill, Pizza or the buffet on most ships. Good for those with mobility issues. The cabin doors are narrow. Consider as this might be an issue.

DH uses a rollator and can't walk too far. So I have tried to keep him in a cabin close to an elevator that opens close to the buffet entrance. Forward cabin on Lido would work if buffet isn't near the rear of the ship.💜

Edited by Etta1213

5 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

DH uses a rollator and can't walk too far. So I have tried to keep him in a cabin close to an elevator that opens close to the buffet entrance. Forward cabin on Lido would work if buffet isn't near the rear of the ship.💜

I had to look up what a Rollator was, so you know the situation best. Enjoy your cruise!

I know nothing about Royal Class ships (Royal, Regal, Enchanted, Discovery, Majestic).

For Grand and Gem class ships (Ruby, Emerald, Crown <Deck 15/Riviera. Grand, Caribbean, Sapphire, Diamond <Deck 14/Aloha>), the deck right below Lido aft is good.  Aft Elevator goes up to the back of the buffet.  For you, a few steps up to the AFT Terrace.  Aft Elevator will take you down to the aft MDR.  That deck has suites, balconies, and interior cabins.  It will be a long walk to the middle of the ship (Piazza, pools, International Cafe, Lido deck foods).

@Etta1213     Greetings

You indicated there may be some mobility issues. 

I found information on the Princess website for people using wheelchairs, scooters, etc.  that have mobility issues.  Please follow up with your Travel Agent.

Per Princess Cruise Line:  You must complete a Mobility Request Questionnaire.

Mobility Requests:

Guests using mobility devices or who need additional assistance should fill out the below Mobility Questionnaire and return it to the Access Office. Traveling with a service animal requires review and prior approval from the Access Office. The Access Office can be reached at accessoffice@princesscruises.com or by fax at 661-284-4408.

Mobility Requests:

Go to -- Manage this booking.

Select -- Check-In

A “pdf file” for the request is found in the middle of your “Check-In” screen.

Also, you may want to check the sub forum – “Disability Cruise Travel”.  This forum provides general info regarding tips, accessibility, mobility, wheelchair assistance, tour operators that accommodate persons with mobility issues, etc.

• Like 1

Depending on the embarkation port of the cruise you book consider getting a mobility scooter for the cruise. Other cruisers have reported good results with small rental scooters that are delivered either to the port or your cabin. I haven't done this but someone who has will hopefully provide more information. This might your husband move more easily around the ship.