Silver Shadow Cabin 5500 & 5501

Cap_Scarlet

We are booking one of the cheapest cabins without a balcony - most of which are on deck 4.

However there are two cabins without balcony on deck 5 right at the front (cabins 5500 and 5501)

Has anyone stayed in either of those cabins?

They appear to be larger than the others but I wonder if they are disadvantaged in some way!

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi All.

These cabins are very far forward and if you are sailing in heavy seas the ship will be pitching a lot giving a fair degree of up and down motion and maybe some slamming that can be pretty loud. Try sleeping in that. They are also near to the anchor chain chamber so if she is not docked the anchor chain release running out is very noisy and usually done on arrival on station early morning. I noticed in Silversea website image of The Shadow the anchor is photo shopped out. That leads me to think SS is try it on. These two cabin were never sold before RCCL took over probably because they are not good places to be while sailing.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.45.18.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.46.29.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rocchi said:

These two cabin were never sold before RCCL took over probably because they are not good places to be while sailing.

We haven't heard from anyone who has actually stayed in one of these cabins and one person who bought it and was moved. Maybe they don't really intend to sell them?

It seems that choosing this cabin because it's bigger might not be the best idea.

I have been in one of the other no-balcony cabins on Shadow and they are just fine.

Edited by pavementends

5 hours ago, Rocchi said:

Hi All.

These cabins are very far forward and if you are sailing in heavy seas the ship will be pitching a lot giving a fair degree of up and down motion and maybe some slamming that can be pretty loud. Try sleeping in that. They are also near to the anchor chain chamber so if she is not docked the anchor chain release running out is very noisy and usually done on arrival on station early morning. I noticed in Silversea website image of The Shadow the anchor is photo shopped out. That leads me to think SS is try it on. These two cabin were never sold before RCCL took over probably because they are not good places to be while sailing.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.45.18.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 10.46.29.png

Those are the cabins reserved for livestock and magicians.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Those are the cabins reserved for livestock and magicians.

What do you call a magicians dog? 

A labracadabrador. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...