All shore excursions/Dominican Republic disappeared

elliotlake12

6 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

On upcoming cruise,March 2024,Escape

all of the previous shore excursion options for Dominican Republic have disappeared.

Just an online shuffle?

We are also booked on the Escape in March but the Jamaica Itinerary and all of the options for Ocho Rios have disappeared also

Just now, elliotlake12 said:

It,s a scary coincidence, just booked and paid for excursion,Dom.Rep. yesterday, now no excursions offered at that port (??)

I also booked and paid for one in Jamaica just last week.  It no longer shows up on MyNCL but I have not had an email of it being cancelled either.  They might just be updating the excursions for these cruises?  

Just looked at our February 2024 Encore cruise and all of the excursions are also gone accept those offered at Great Stirrup Cay.    They were there yesterday because we booked two excursions.   Most likely another computer glitch.

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

I also booked and paid for one in Jamaica just last week.  It no longer shows up on MyNCL but I have not had an email of it being cancelled either.  They might just be updating the excursions for these cruises?  

48 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Just looked at our February 2024 Encore cruise and all of the excursions are also gone accept those offered at Great Stirrup Cay.    They were there yesterday because we booked two excursions.   Most likely another computer glitch.

I'm getting that same feeling.

I'm on the Bliss in January.

Shorex's maxed out at 92. Then went to 91 (and the one is one that I wanted); then 88 for a bit and on Sunday, 87. Okay.

I booked 4 in 4 ports on Sunday. Over a period of 1/2 hour, the availables dropped to 52. That's 40% gone within minutes. Seemed unlikely to me.

I booked 2 more on Monday. Total listed did not change.

This morning, we're at 26. Half disappeared overnight.

Now here's a cute fact - every excursion that I booked is still available - I guess I have poor taste.

I just checked my itinerary - all of my trips are listed. At least I don't have to worry about that one as yet.

The gremlins are on a rampage...

FWIW once you book an excursion at a port all the others at that port are no longer visible.  I don't like the way this works since I often want to go back and may change my mind but can't browse the excursions.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Now here's a cute fact - every excursion that I booked is still available - I guess I have poor taste.

The excursions you've booked show up for you, but not necesarily for others. At least that is the case for my upcoming cruise (not to any of the destinations mentioned here) where several cheap/free ones are sold out but still show up for me.

I suspect there are gremlins at work. Been a lot of that lately.

Edited by Asawi

11 minutes ago, davencl said:

FWIW once you book an excursion at a port all the others at that port are no longer visible.  I don't like the way this works since I often want to go back and may change my mind but can't browse the excursions.

I guess that makes sense.

One logic error - why would my trip still show.

In 3 of my ports, my trip is the only one showing.

In the other 3 I booked, many others are still showing.

Your reasoning is being followed 50% of the time. Good job, NCL.

3 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Yes mine "works" the same.  In ports I've booked the one I've booked shows.  Others I've booked do show others.  I think in that case they show up because they don't conflict time wise with the one you've already booked.   However not always the case for whatever reason...  

5 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

If the times aren't conflicting with the ones you've booked they still show.

16 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes mine "works" the same.  In ports I've booked the one I've booked shows.  Others I've booked do show others.  I think in that case they show up because they don't conflict time wise with the one you've already booked.   However not always the case for whatever reason...  

15 minutes ago, Asawi said:

If the times aren't conflicting with the ones you've booked they still show.

I got curious and just checked.

In one port, what's available ties in perfectly (some depart at the exact time mine ends).

In the other two, conflicting schedules are rampant.

Go figure.

Do you know if you're going to Amber Cove or Taino Bay? I'm still trying to figure out where our December cruise stops in the DR and nobody has any consistent answers. Our itinerary only says "Puerto Plata"...no mention of which dock.

The NCL website says they dock at Amber Cove in the DR...but many people have said they went to Taino Bay. 

And for what it's worth, all excursions for Puerto Plata show up on our planning page.

Edited by schmoopie17

9 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Do you know if you're going to Amber Cove or Taino Bay? I'm still trying to figure out where our December cruise stops in the DR and nobody has any consistent answers. Our itinerary only says "Puerto Plata"...no mention of which dock.

The NCL website says they dock at Amber Cove in the DR...but many people have said they went to Taino Bay. 

And for what it's worth, all excursions for Puerto Plata show up on our planning page.

Taino Bay is the NCL port

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Taino Bay is the NCL port

Okay, thanks.

But someone needs to update the NCL "Ports of Call" page on their website, where it says:

• Port Name & Location
    Amber Cove Cruise Terminal. Ship will DOCK at this port.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:05 AM, davencl said:

I do not think this is accurate. It does happen sometimes, but not always. I had to go through the IT department one time to get the excursions that I knew existed. The excursion department could not fix it for me. They would not show up on MyNCL but others here on Cruise Critic could see them.

Hopefully for the OP this is just a temporary glitch. And I agree with others about NCL and their inconsistencies.

9 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I do not think this is accurate. It does happen sometimes, but not always. I had to go through the IT department one time to get the excursions that I knew existed. The excursion department could not fix it for me. They would not show up on MyNCL but others here on Cruise Critic could see them.

Hopefully for the OP this is just a temporary glitch. And I agree with others about NCL and their inconsistencies.

I can only speak for myself.  This has been the case for the last 5 cruises I've taken on NCL.