Cape Liberty Hotels with parking

Cruiser0987

We are cruising out of Cape Liberty on November 26 but due to arrive on Friday November 24 driving from Canada. Most hotel and park packages only include one night parking. We also have an 11 month old and wondering if anyone has used one of these packages with an infant for the shuttle service and how that worked. Any tips, advice for a young family cruising out of Cape Liberty is appreciated 🙂 

Check with Trinity Reservations. They should have parking packages for 7 and 14 nights. I would think any hotel you stay at for 2 nights prior to your cruise would include parking for those nights then begin the cruise night parking on the day of your cruise. A cruise sleep package, which includes parking cost for your cruise, is for more than 1 night parking unless your intent is to leave your car at the hotel, not being charged for parking the duration of your cruise.

15 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Check with Trinity Reservations. They should have parking packages for 7 and 14 nights. I would think any hotel you stay at for 2 nights prior to your cruise would include parking for those nights then begin the cruise night parking on the day of your cruise. A cruise sleep package, which includes parking cost for your cruise, is for more than 1 night parking unless your intent is to leave your car at the hotel, not being charged for parking the duration of your cruise.

Thank you! I’ve checked their website and it says they can only do hotel for one nights sleep unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think there are any cruise/sleep hotels that serve Cape Liberty, but I could be mistaken.

You are mistaken. There are a number of hotels in the Newark Airport/Elizabeth area that offer packages for Cape Liberty, and as @meadowlander said, Trinity Reservations is a source for finding those accommodations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Thank you! I’ve checked their website and it says they can only do hotel for one nights sleep unfortunately 

First, I would call Trinity Reservations to see if they can accommodate you with the first night's stay with out the additional charges for the port transportation that are built onto their rates....in other words parking, hotel and breakfast if included for the first night and then the full package that includes transportation for the second night.

If they can't do it you can piggyback an ordinary reservation for the first night made directly with the hotel or a hotel booking website onto the reservation made with Trinity reservations for the second night. When you get to the hotel on the first day show them your Trinity Reservations booking for the second night and ask them to allow you to keep the same room for both nights.

3 hours ago, Cruiser0987 said:

We are cruising out of Cape Liberty on November 26 but due to arrive on Friday November 24 driving from Canada. Most hotel and park packages only include one night parking. We also have an 11 month old and wondering if anyone has used one of these packages with an infant for the shuttle service and how that worked. Any tips, advice for a young family cruising out of Cape Liberty is appreciated 🙂 

One additional thought. Is there a specific compelling reason for you to stay near Cape Liberty for two nights?

If  not you should consider breaking your trip up and staying elsewhere on your route the first night. 

The Cape Liberty area isn't a vacation destination and there are more pleasant suburban areas to stay,  depending on what your planned route is.

2 hours ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Could you not book the Friday stay directly with the hotel at a lower rate and book via Trinity with your stay commencing on Saturday which will allow for the 7 nights of parking beginning on Sunday?

Agree completely about not staying Friday and Saturday night in Bayonne area. Hotel/motel in Parsippany, Paramus, Rutherford would be better choice for Friday night with things to do on Saturday prior to checking in at the Saturday night hotel. Most especially  Paramus(mall capital of NJ) if you enjoy shopping. If you have children, American Dream mall in East Rutherford would appeal to them.

Edited by meadowlander

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

Could you not book the Friday stay directly with the hotel at a lower rate and book via Trinity with your stay commencing on Saturday which will allow for the 7 nights of parking beginning on Sunday?

Agree completely about not staying Friday and Saturday night in Bayonne area. Hotel/motel in Parsippany, Paramus, Rutherford would be better choice for Friday night with things to do on Saturday prior to checking in at the Saturday night hotel. Most especially  Paramus(mall capital of NJ) if you enjoy shopping. If you have children, American Dream mall in East Rutherford would appeal to them.

I never thought to try to tag on an additional reservation. I should give that a try for sure. 

The reason behind a two night stay is because it’s about an 8/9 hour drive from the Toronto area and with a baby under 1 the thought of unpacking everything for two different hotel stays seems like a lot especially considering we will probably arrive late the Friday. I will definitely look into other areas with things to do as well. I was under the impression Staten Island wasn’t too far away??

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

One additional thought. Is there a specific compelling reason for you to stay near Cape Liberty for two nights?

If  not you should consider breaking your trip up and staying elsewhere on your route the first night. 

The Cape Liberty area isn't a vacation destination and there are more pleasant suburban areas to stay,  depending on what your planned route is.

Thank you for the advice! We were only planning for a two night stay at the same hotel due to having a baby just under 1 and setting up two different hotel rooms for such a short stay seems like a lot. I wasn’t aware there may not be that much around but since we are driving we will have a vehicle. I could be wrong but I thought that Staten Island wasn’t too far?

57 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Thank you for the advice! We were only planning for a two night stay at the same hotel due to having a baby just under 1 and setting up two different hotel rooms for such a short stay seems like a lot. I wasn’t aware there may not be that much around but since we are driving we will have a vehicle. I could be wrong but I thought that Staten Island wasn’t too far?

Staten Island isn't far, and The Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall is nearby in Elizabeth. In fact there's a cluster of hotels on International Boulevard adjacent to The Mills at Jersey Gardens that you may want to look into. While none of them likely have a package that can be booked through Trinity Reservations some may offer packages that can be booked directly with the hotel.

Also not a long distance from the area is the American Dream mall, a gigantic place with stores, restaurants and recreational facilities. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiser0987 said:

I never thought to try to tag on an additional reservation. I should give that a try for sure. 

The reason behind a two night stay is because it’s about an 8/9 hour drive from the Toronto area and with a baby under 1 the thought of unpacking everything for two different hotel stays seems like a lot especially considering we will probably arrive late the Friday. I will definitely look into other areas with things to do as well. I was under the impression Staten Island wasn’t too far away??

Better understand your reason for wanting to spend 2 nights in the same hotel.

Some of the hotels in the Newark area, especially near the airport, are in isolated areas with limited dining choices, some only having food delivered. Having your auto will be beneficial. As njhorseman indicated, hotels on International Boulevard in Elizabeth are more preferred than EWR area hotels located in Newark.

I would still suggest you stay Friday night in Parsippany, Morristown or Paramus area for more dining choices , more suburban areas, less driving on Friday (though likely to incur heavy traffic in Paramus and more options on Saturday of things to do. Your drive on Saturday to the hotel you will leave your car at should be less than 60 minutes from all these locations. Could you pack a separate single bag with items needed for Friday and or Saturday to simplify unpacking your 2 night pre cruise stay?

If you travel to Staten Island in NY, you are driving past Bayonne and Cape Liberty.

Do check the return schedule of the shuttle. The last cruise package I used had a single return shuttle from the port to the hotel. I waited 2 hours for the return shuttle.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Better understand your reason for wanting to spend 2 nights in the same hotel.

Some of the hotels in the Newark area, especially near the airport, are in isolated areas with limited dining choices, some only having food delivered. Having your auto will be beneficial. As njhorseman indicated, hotels on International Boulevard in Elizabeth are more preferred than EWR area hotels located in Newark.

I would still suggest you stay Friday night in Parsippany, Morristown or Paramus area for more dining choices , more suburban areas, less driving on Friday (though likely to incur heavy traffic in Paramus and more options on Saturday of things to do. Your drive on Saturday to the hotel you will leave your car at should be less than 60 minutes from all these locations. Could you pack a separate single bag with items needed for Friday and or Saturday to simplify unpacking your 2 night pre cruise stay?

If you travel to Staten Island in NY, you are driving past Bayonne and Cape Liberty.

Do check the return schedule of the shuttle. The last cruise package I used had a single return shuttle from the port to the hotel. I waited 2 hours for the return shuttle.

I will definitely look into all those suggestions. I do really appreciate all the help! This is our first cruise outside of florida ports and we are not use to have a vehicle that needs parking. The port prices just seem a little crazy to me!

35 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

I will definitely look into all those suggestions. I do really appreciate all the help! This is our first cruise outside of florida ports and we are not use to have a vehicle that needs parking. The port prices just seem a little crazy to me!

Cape Liberty parking is $30 per night/ $210 for a 7 night cruise. Yes it is high but for this area it is somewhat reasonable. There is no reputable off site parking alternative other than cruise packages from hotels.

The only other option I could suggest would be calling hotels in Secaucus, East Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Clifton areas (all 30 minutes or less from Cape Liberty). Ask if you could leave your car for the duration of the cruise (free or for a fee) and use car service/Uber to Cape Liberty. Not sure of the car seat requirement for your child. There will be surge pricing by Uber upon disembarking,

if your child will sleep most of the day, airport area hotels would be okay. If not Parsippany and especially Morristown would be a good area for a relaxing Saturday outside with a late afternoon/early evening arrival at the cruise package hotel. 

Do have gps. NJ road signage could be significantly better than what it is.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Cape Liberty parking is $30 per night/ $210 for a 7 night cruise. Yes it is high but for this area it is somewhat reasonable. There is no reputable off site parking alternative other than cruise packages from hotels.

The only other option I could suggest would be calling hotels in Secaucus, East Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Clifton areas (all 30 minutes or less from Cape Liberty). Ask if you could leave your car for the duration of the cruise (free or for a fee) and use car service/Uber to Cape Liberty. Not sure of the car seat requirement for your child. There will be surge pricing by Uber upon disembarking,

if your child will sleep most of the day, airport area hotels would be okay. If not Parsippany and especially Morristown would be a good area for a relaxing Saturday outside with a late afternoon/early evening arrival at the cruise package hotel. 

Do have gps. NJ road signage could be significantly better than what it is.

Thank you so much!!!

46 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Not sure of the car seat requirement for your child.

NJ law requires use of an appropriate car seat for children when riding in any vehicle that has safety belts.

So a child riding in an Uber or taxi or passenger van must use the same type of seat required if they were riding in the family's private vehicle.

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

NJ law requires use of an appropriate car seat for children when riding in any vehicle that has safety belts.

So a child riding in an Uber or taxi or passenger van must use the same type of seat required if they were riding in the family's private vehicle.

Thank you! This is also VERY helpful! I’m unsure if hotel shuttles have car seats (I assume unlikely) which will probably lead us to paying for parking at the port. 

Just now, Cruiser0987 said:

Thank you! This is also VERY helpful! I’m unsure if hotel shuttles have car seats (I assume unlikely) which will probably lead us to paying for parking at the port. 

If I were traveling with an 11 month old I would definitely park at the cruise port. Between the car seat issue and all the paraphernalia you'll be carrying for the baby the last thing I would want to do is wait for an Uber or a shuttle van or hope there's a taxi available.

While $30 a day sounds expensive it's actually significantly cheaper than the $45 parking costs at the Manhattan and Brooklyn cruise terminals. Vacant land is very scarce and valuable in the NY City area, which is why economics dictate a high price for parking.

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

If I were traveling with an 11 month old I would definitely park at the cruise port. Between the car seat issue and all the paraphernalia you'll be carrying for the baby the last thing I would want to do is wait for an Uber or a shuttle van or hope there's a taxi available.

While $30 a day sounds expensive it's actually significantly cheaper than the $45 parking costs at the Manhattan and Brooklyn cruise terminals. Vacant land is very scarce and valuable in the NY City area, which is why economics dictate a high price for parking.

Makes total sense. I appreciate all the advice so much! Now off to find a hotel that is right for us! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:52 AM, Cruiser0987 said:

We are across the lake from you in Rochester, NY and plan to drive to Cape Liberty on the morning of the cruise on December 10th (barring any weather events) and parking at the port.  We have a shorter drive than you and also the advantage of our "child" is 30 yrs old.  We did take him on his 1st cruise when he was 9mo old, but we cheatedand brought a grandmother along.

We have stayed several times with a park and cruise at a Best Western in Elizabeth.  

15 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We are across the lake from you in Rochester, NY and plan to drive to Cape Liberty on the morning of the cruise on December 10th (barring any weather events) and parking at the port.  We have a shorter drive than you and also the advantage of our "child" is 30 yrs old.  We did take him on his 1st cruise when he was 9mo old, but we cheatedand brought a grandmother along.

We have stayed several times with a park and cruise at a Best Western in Elizabeth.  

You're being brave to drive that far on the day of your cruise.

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

You're being brave to drive that far on the day of your cruise.

Last month we drove from Home to Boston on the day of cruise, took us <7 hours including old man bladder stops and lunch.  Home to Cape Liberty is a shorter drive.  We will watch weather as we get closer to the date.  We can be flexible and stay midway the night before.  For us, the driving uncertainties are less than the flying uncertainties.