Boarding times are getting later ?

kokopelli-az

3 hours ago, hcat said:

How do late  boarding times work with the Concierge Lunch, which I believe is back on boarding day?

I've seen them extend the hours and on occasion seen them shift it to a different day.   On late boarding I've also seen Luminae extend their hours.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:14 PM, cruisestitch said:

Is this the first cruise after the transatlantic? They might be filling in extra time because there are normally lots of arrival formalities, health inspections, crew inspections, etc. from the trans Atlantic which might delay the first post-transatlantic cruise times

OH ... this might totally explain why I was similarly presented with noon as the earliest time for my Nov Apex cruise as it is the first one after it's transatlantic crossing.  Hmmm now I'm wondering if selecting the noon check-in time was a smart idea with the chance of delays.

Oh well, it's wait there or wait somewhere else 😉

On 10/5/2023 at 8:45 AM, poffles said:

OH ... this might totally explain why I was similarly presented with noon as the earliest time for my Nov Apex cruise as it is the first one after it's transatlantic crossing.  Hmmm now I'm wondering if selecting the noon check-in time was a smart idea with the chance of delays.

Oh well, it's wait there or wait somewhere else 😉

I wouldn't worry about it.   You can show up anytime after your designated time if you choose to arrive a little later.  

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  If I recall from talking with crew about arrival of Transatlantic and they indicated they have to go through a Coast Guard Inspection, Health and Sanitation Inspection and all Crew have to do face to face with CBP

Agree. And we even had a recent cruise that had to do the same routine inspections even though it was not just back from a TA. It just happened to be time for the inspections. 

On 10/3/2023 at 2:42 PM, kokopelli-az said:

We were on the Equinox in Sept and the earliest we could board was 11:30am.    I was checking the boarding times numerous times before sailing and there never was an option to choose an 11am boarding time.   

Now we are going to be on the Reflection in November and the earliest boarding time is noon.

Is everyone else experiencing later boarding times?   What happened to 11am?   

Nope, we always show up at about 10:30 and boarding is usually starts just after we get to our seats in the waiting area.

I am on the second Beyond cruise after the TA sailing on 11/22.  I checked in at 11:00 am today and the earliest time shown was 12: 00 to 12:30.  Perhaps I missed the earlier time?  The Ascent also sails that day so I am wondering about our berth.  Does anyone know?  Thx!