New Cruises Release

tring

I know there is a new cruise release very soon as told about it on Aurora a few days ago, but see no mention of the dates here.  Anyone any idea when the cruises will be available to see and pre book?  I thought we were told a date about the second week of this month and on sale soon after that, but cannot remember exactly when.

Edited by tring

The cruises are announced at 0830 on Tuesday 10th October, which is presumably when you can pre-book. I can’t find the dates that you can actually confirm bookings, but hopefully someone else will advise. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Thanks 1

Pre-book 10th October and general release about a week later 17th - that’s what travel agents are saying online.

Has anyone here ever pre-booked ?
I looked at this once but could only select cabin grade and not a specific cabin ? 
Can this be selected later ?

Is it worth it ?

12 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Pre-book 10th October and general release about a week later 17th - that’s what travel agents are saying online.

I looked at this once but could only select cabin grade and not a specific cabin ? 

Is it worth it ?

We have pre booked several times. You pre book a cabin grade and when booking opens, they guarantee you a cabin in that grade. If you prefer a different one, you can contact them and they will move you to where you want to be. It has worked very well. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We have pre booked several times. You pre book a cabin grade and when booking opens, they guarantee you a cabin in that grade. If you prefer a different one, you can contact them and they will move you to where you want to be. It has worked very well. 

Thanks Pete-so you just phone up and request the specific cabin later ?

is it worth it rather than just waiting for the general release a week or so later and getting the cabin number at time of booking ?

We have pre booked for our three long cruises to get our choice of cabin and it has worked perfectly on all three occasions, however after seeing prices fluctuate alarmingly towards the sailing dates we would not use the process again if it was for shorter durations , and as we will have completed all the 35,65,and 99 night sailings that P and O offer by next year ,if anything takes our fancy (debatable)we will go for a saver as not sure the select benefits are what they once were , personal choice and opinion of course 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Is it worth it ?

Trouble with pre registration direct with P&O is they will not let you pick your own stateroom only caning grade. If you book with a good cruise TA you can give them a choice of cabins you would be happy to book and there is a chance of being cheaper than booking direct. Plus you won't have the problem of telephone problems which P&O are notorious for if you have any problems later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Is it worth it ?

Not normally an advantage, though I have known specific grades on a specific cruise selling out before going on general sale, so it does assure a booking in a specific grade and often can change a cabin after final payment date has passed, when some people tend to cancel.  An other advantage would be if you could pre register for a cruise when onboard a ship and get onboard benefits for the booking.

Booking so far ahead does seem to have lost the financial advantage now, but we have booked a cruise at the end of the summer 2025 season and are thinking of booking the following one to make a back to back, hopefully with the same cabin, so we do not have to change cabin between cruises.  So we will probably pre register with an agent to get that cabin.  We are now Caribbean though, so will hopefully be easier to get that specific cabin anyway.

• Thanks 1