Brillance of the seas 14th February 2023

Hi

i have received an email from Royal Carribean asking for my final payment for the above cruise.

i think it is a scam.   It asks me to pay one month before the final payment is due.   It does look like it is from RC.

it gives me my reservation number but not the amount due?   It asks me to click on a link ?
I have advised RC of this!  I have also put it on the Roll Call.

be aware!

Eileen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

i have received an email from Royal Carribean asking for my final payment for the above cruise.

i think it is a scam.   It asks me to pay one month before the final payment is due.   It does look like it is from RC.

it gives me my reservation number but not the amount due?   It asks me to click on a link ?
I have advised RC of this!  I have also put it on the Roll Call.

be aware!

Eileen

Hi Eileen 

I win a cruise every week and get a bunnings cordless drill package on the others days . Yes call them, and be safe 

Kind regards HB 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

Hi Eileen 

I win a cruise every week and get a bunnings cordless drill package on the others days . Yes call them, and be safe 

Kind regards HB 

I get the Bunnings thing every week and others but this had the correct reference number and my loyalty number and the correct cruise information.  

somebody must be into RC computer info.

anyway I check everything nowadays

eileen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

I get the Bunnings thing every week and others but this had the correct reference number and my loyalty number and the correct cruise information.  

somebody must be into RC computer info.

anyway I check everything nowadays

eileen

Always be aware Eileen - it seems weird. 

I wouldn't put it past any cruise lines to try and get early payment these days though, but I would expect that your due date would be mentioned as well.

I gather you have booked direct? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Always be aware Eileen - it seems weird. 

I wouldn't put it past any cruise lines to try and get early payment these days though, but I would expect that your due date would be mentioned as well.

I gather you have booked direct? 

Yes I booked direct.   I have sent an email to RC.   I am pretty sure it is not genuine.

• Like 3

It could be a tech problem,Royal doesn’t really set the world on fire with their systems.

I got a email about a couple months ago that final payment was due on a November 2024 cruise . I called ,It was just a glitch.

But there could be someone selling information out the back door, these things do happen.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It could be a tech problem,Royal doesn’t really set the world on fire with their systems.

I got a email about a couple months ago that final payment was due on a November 2024 cruise . I called ,It was just a glitch.

But there could be someone selling information out the back door, these things do happen.

Well there are definitely issues with RC and their web site!

I decided to pay part of my final payment early because I have a new credit card with ANZ, better Travel insurance.  I did the payment through the RC site and it all went through and they have sent me a new receipt with new amount due.  It states the due date for the rest of the payment is the same as that strange email I receive, one month early..   The one that I thought was a scam.   I have the original documents, from when I made the booking and the due date is stated one month later.  So it was not a scam!   They may just be trying to get people to pay their final payment early.

i have not had any reply from my email to RC yesterday.  But I know it was not a scam.

Eileen

• Like 2