Celebrity Columbus Day sale?

NMTraveller

Forgive me for stepping in it, but I think the cruise companies could make a bigger deal out of Columbus Day than they currently do.  After all, him and his crew could be considered the first cruisers from Europe to visit that part of the world. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Forgive me for stepping in it, but I think the cruise companies could make a bigger deal out of Columbus Day than they currently do.  After all, him and his crew could be considered the first cruisers from Europe to visit that part of the world. 🙂

You don’t consider Vikings to be European? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Just wondering if Celebrity will have a sale on shore excursions, etc.  during Columbus day?

I noticed this morning that a limited Flash Sale has appeared for my December holiday Solstice sailing. It only affects some shorex for my cruise. 

IMG_8181.thumb.jpeg.259764c830de436833303a43b078af6f.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

18 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

i knew this would turn controversial..  Seems everything is these days.. Our local  bank has a sign " we will be closed for Indigenous People Day". not one mention of Christopher  Columbus. Many depositors not happy.  Whatever happened to " sail on, sail on sail on"..? 

On a cruise a few yeaes ago,  we went to a beautiful place in Spain ( maybe Valencia?) where the Explorer was honored! It was very moving...

Just saw an  interesting article..discovery of pre Incan mummies..so who is indigenous?

Cruise lines want to sell...so lately playing it safe!

• Like 2