When does the drink package start on a cruise?

bguppies

1 minute ago, Dwright826 said:

Good question. I'm probably wrong, but I think the tax is an alcohol tax?

apparently not, I just followed the link somebody provided just above and it says (for the soda package):

"Applicable state and local sales taxes will be charged to the guest's folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $2 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.20 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call)."

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

apparently not, I just followed the link somebody provided just above and it says (for the soda package):

"Applicable state and local sales taxes will be charged to the guest's folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $2 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.20 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call)."

Ayyye

On 10/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, Dwright826 said:

Good question. I'm probably wrong, but I think the tax is an alcohol tax?

I've been cahrged state (FL) sales tax on drinks with the soda package while still in state waters, It's just a few cents. Some ports charge additional tax on alcohol. 

I once did a cruise to nowhere on ecstasy out of Galveston and we were charged a tax. Never could find out what the tax was for. Hurricane caused us to change from a 4 day to a 3 day, not planned. Since we didnt hit a foreign port they said taxes would apply. I forgot my deodorant and had to buy some secret onboard and ran into this tax. Seems tax free doesnt apply to cruises to nowhere, planned or not. Wound up like $9 for secret. I asked even at customer service but got no answers wh onboard stores had taxes but not some other stuff. We were in international waters so wasnt texas tax. And didnt apply to everything. Made no sense to me and staff also clueless. Just shrugged.

• Like 1