Luggage priority...new?

Ashland

On Liberty sailed Oct 5th Canada/NE (Cape Liberty) and received an email from our suite concierge day before checkin and told to check in our luggage at a certain zone number at the port and that it would be prioritized for onboard delivery. Cabins opened at exactly 1:00pm and had our luggage just before 1:30pm. 

A great service...so is this something new?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

led into the luggage area and went to the "PRIORITY" luggage area, all the way at the end of the line.

There was another couple there so we waited a few minutes for our turn.

The gentleman there was no help getting the 2 bags from the trunk, however he did check to see if we were on his list while we got the tagged bags to the cart for him. Gave him his tip (I don't know why) and drove to the parking area. 

We got our bags the same time all the rest were being delivered to the staterooms in our area.

Actually, we would have spent less time at one of the regular porter stations as there were plenty open and waiting when we got there, which was about 10:45.

Don't count on anything special with "PRIORITY" anything. LOL.

However our suite was fantastic as well as our room steward, Joel..

Great cruise as ALWAYS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We mostly sail out of Canaveral and always find our luggage waiting in the hall when the rooms are ready…..😎😎

Our RCCL luggage is often in the hall, but often at the other end of the ship, or the other side of the ship! Hardly anywhere near our cabin.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Our RCCL luggage is often in the hall, but often at the other end of the ship, or the other side of the ship! Hardly anywhere near our cabin.  

we don’t mind taking a walk down our hall to find the luggage.  That way we can grab it and go ahead and unpack.  

Ours has never been on the other side of the ship…..guess we have been lucky….😎

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

we don’t mind taking a walk down our hall to find the luggage.  That way we can grab it and go ahead and unpack.  

Ours has never been on the other side of the ship…..guess we have been lucky….😎

I have foraged for my luggage on my 2020 cruise just before the big shut-down. Our cruise was out of Bayonne and the ship was only 75% occupancy. We checked in two bags. The bags were checked in at 10:00 am with a tip, properly marked, and before the normal surge of passengers. On previous cruises, they were waiting near our cabin when they opened at 1:30pm.

One garment bag (very easy to differentiate from regular bags ) was found at about 7pm after a local search every hour past the time our cabin was opened for use.

I even placed special colorful strips on the handles to make them standout from a other grey and black bags used by so many fellow passengers.

I first just checked our immediate area of about fifty-feet each way from our cabin and then extended the search pattern each time.

I eventually found my last bag on the opposite side of the ship at the stern. It had the proper tag with the proper area attached yet it was in the wilderness, alone, and undelivered on the wrong side of the ship and at the opposite end. I only found it because of my colorful stripping and it being abandoned, sitting by itself, with no other bags around.

Since then, I pack a bit lighter. We take all of our luggage aboard with us. I take a personnel item bag, a small roller bag with one larger bag. I can attache all of them together and it is a manageable load. I spent a bit more on luggage and they all roll beautifully together. My wife packs a personnel bag with one light roller. She puts her larger items in my larger bag so we only use one larger bag. She can quickly and easily handle her personnel bag and light roller without any assistance, even up ramps and escalators.

Many fellow cruisers look at me in astonishment as I roll my bags with ease onboard. They look heavy but roll with ease. When I get to my room, I have everything in tow and I am ready to start my cruise with no time wasted looking for my checked bags.

We all have our idiosyncrasies, I do not like wasting time on my cruise looking for my checked bags.

• Like 1