Dawn

Hello, We have been on the Jewel, Gem and Jade ...(loved then all !!)

Now looking at the the Dawn....does it differ a lot from the Jewel Class ships ?  

Looking at plans  ..there is not a Spinnaker for great views or the Great Outdoors ... is there any outside sitting space or a lounge with great views?

We usually book deck 10 midships ..but the only availability is on deck 9 midships ... any problems ? it was noted that 9662 has nose from music in the Atrium ???

Any advice ...please ??

2 hours ago, room with a view said:

Hello, We have been on the Jewel, Gem and Jade ...(loved then all !!)

Now looking at the the Dawn....does it differ a lot from the Jewel Class ships ?  

Looking at plans  ..there is not a Spinnaker for great views or the Great Outdoors ... is there any outside sitting space or a lounge with great views?

We usually book deck 10 midships ..but the only availability is on deck 9 midships ... any problems ? it was noted that 9662 has nose from music in the Atrium ???

Any advice ...please ??

The sundecks on deck 13, both above the pool and forward, are great ocean viewing areas. Also, the Promenade deck,deck 7, has limited loungers available for those lucky enough to snag them!

The Bliss lounge has windows, but is not really a good viewing area. You could always grab a window table at O'Sheehan's or the buffet, and hang out there for awhile.

IMHO, the closer to the atrium you are, the greater the chance of some noise in your cabin.

Outside of a few differences, such as no Great Outdoors and no Spinnaker Lounge, it's very difficult to differentiate the Dawn from the Jewel Class ships. When we first went on the Gem after sailing on the Dawn for many years, I was amazed that I pretty much knew the layout of the ship without ever having been on it! Happy Cruising!!

5 hours ago, room with a view said:

Thanks everyone for your contributions ....cabins 9610 and 9612 are available .

My standard rules for booking any cabin on any ship: (1) I do not book with there is a public space above or below and (2) try to book as close to center of the ship as possible both front to back and top deck to Deck 4.

Enjoy your cruise.  I love The Dawn and Her staff

Even though the Dawn lacks the spinnaker Lounge and the Great Outdoors, we still enjoyed the many cruises we had on her.  There are tables and chairs on the pool deck where we brought food from the buffet to eat, The Pool deck also has stadium seating, 

The windows at the back of the Bliss Lounge are no substitute for the old Spinnaker, which was converted into suites.