St. Lucia and Dominica Excursions Princess Back to Back Jan. 7 - 27, 2024

RedInOhio

We have always taken the ship excursion to Reduit Beach at Rodney Bay. This excursion is not offered. Are there local shuttles to get us there and back at a reasonable price? We have taken most of the other excursions and just want to enjoy the beach. Any idea what is reliable, the cost, and whether we have to make reservations prior to our arrival. Naturally, we would prefer to step off of the ship and hop into a reasonably priced cab of a shuttle heading for the beach.

Same problem in Dominica. We used to take a ship excursion to to Mero beach but that excursion is no longer offered.  We've been to the Falls, toured the island, went whale watching a few times and we would just like to enjoy the beach. Same questions as in St. Lucia - cost and reliable service back to the ship.

In Antigua, we had signed up for the excursion to Ffryes Beach, which is one of our favorites in Antigua, but it was cancelled on both legs of our back to back. We always looked forward to that one. 

Thanks for any knowledge that anyone can pass on. 

I'd join your Roll Call and form a group to hire a shuttle so it will be right there waiting for you.  But I'd find out why these beach excursions are no longer offered ... do a little research on the destinations themselves.  I'd want to be sure nothing's changed drastically to cause the cruiseline to not offer the SE.  

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RedInOhio said:

We have always taken the ship excursion to Reduit Beach at Rodney Bay. This excursion is not offered. Are there local shuttles to get us there and back at a reasonable price? We have taken most of the other excursions and just want to enjoy the beach. Any idea what is reliable, the cost, and whether we have to make reservations prior to our arrival. Naturally, we would prefer to step off of the ship and hop into a reasonably priced cab of a shuttle heading for the beach.

Same problem in Dominica. We used to take a ship excursion to to Mero beach but that excursion is no longer offered.  We've been to the Falls, toured the island, went whale watching a few times and we would just like to enjoy the beach. Same questions as in St. Lucia - cost and reliable service back to the ship.

In Antigua, we had signed up for the excursion to Ffryes Beach, which is one of our favorites in Antigua, but it was cancelled on both legs of our back to back. We always looked forward to that one. 

Thanks for any knowledge that anyone can pass on. 

Beaches.

Antigua - Book in advance lunch/day at Catherine’s Cafe - $35/40 e/w plus tip

St Lucia - Book lunch/day at Naked Fisherman - $35 e/w plus tip

Dominica - Private Taxi to Mero - $25 e/w plus tip

All outward drivers (very reliable) will be pleased to be book for return to ship

• Like 2

Hop 9ff the ship, head out the port area and get a driver. There will be loads of taxi drivers just waiting for you. $40usd one way to Reduit. And there's loads of drivers at Reduit, by Spinnakers, to take you back to the ship, or arrange with the driver who brings you to return you at a specified time...

Another option is Vigie Beach, right near the port. $10usd one way.  Beautiful lang stretch of beach along the cove. Small boardwalk with local restaurants, bars, clean bathrooms.. Chairs for rent. Loads of natural shade.  

If you really want to have a driver prearranged waiting for you, try: Francis Junior at Explore St Lucia, Lerris Marius at Marius Taxi, Kurt at Island Man Taxi and Tours,  Real St Lucia Experience, Mark at Rising Sun Taxi, Serenity Vacations, etc.  

Enjoy. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

Thanks to all who responded, JSN55, Port Royal, and reedprincess. I'm sure that we will grab a cab to Reduit, and  Mero beaches, and Dickenson Bay in Antigua.

We're looking forward to our cruise, the weather and beaches.

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, RedInOhio said:

Thanks to all who responded, JSN55, Port Royal, and reedprincess. I'm sure that we will grab a cab to Reduit, and  Mero beaches, and Dickenson Bay in Antigua.

We're looking forward to our cruise, the weather and beaches.

Thanks again.

8f Reduit is it, consider heading to the south end of the beach, by Marie's Fish Shack, instead of the normal end near Spinnakers and the Yacht Club. Marie makes a killer rum punch and her fresh catch of the day is delicious. Very chill down that end, not as frenetic or busy as the north end by the splash park and such.. 

It's a small world. Every time I visit Reduit, I walk down to Marie's, sit at the bar, and buy Tall a beer. I'm sure that you know who I'm talking about. You probably rent chairs from him and his family owns the bar.  Nice place, nice people.