MSC APP SUCKS

Ovsa

Anyone else having problems registering thier cruise with the MSC APP?

The selfie photo thing doesn't work and it will not accept any credit cards as required. 

Tried calling but after 2 hours on hold I gave up. 

I wonder if they have ever heard of call back?

2 hours ago, Ovsa said:

Anyone else having problems registering thier cruise with the MSC APP?

The selfie photo thing doesn't work and it will not accept any credit cards as required. 

Tried calling but after 2 hours on hold I gave up. 

I wonder if they have ever heard of call back?

When we sailed, credit card input wasn't accepted during the online check in process. We were told by an MSC rep that the company did not want credit cards held on file until after boarding. There are onboard terminals where credit card info can be input. 

You don't need to enter either of those things. They will take your picture at the terminal when checking in. There are kiosks all over the ships to link your credit card to your onboard account once you are onboard.

The MSC app is definitely terrible pre-cruise, but it is one of the better cruise apps I've experienced once onboard.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The MSC app is definitely terrible pre-cruise, but it is one of the better cruise apps I've experienced once onboard.

I respectfully disagree. You cannot make theater reservations with the app. You can't look forward in the week to see what shows are coming up. You can't look at the dinner menu. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

I respectfully disagree. You cannot make theater reservations with the app. You can't look forward in the week to see what shows are coming up. You can't look at the dinner menu. 

I agree 

Other lines you can see menus and activities for whole cruise and even book as well 

MSC app is for one day at a time.

It’s poor compared to Royal, Celebrity and Princess

I'm cruising shortly and installed the app on my phone and it messed my phone up so badly I uninstalled it.  I really don't want to reinstall it at home or on the ship.  My question is - can you access the ship wifi (I'm on the YC package though I doubt that matters) without the app being installed, or do you have to have app even to just get on the internet?  Ship = Seashore if that matters.  Thanks.