Guadeloupe Shore Things

olesiabr

Hello fellow sailors!

Was hoping to get some feedback on shore excursions for the Southern Isles itinerary in Guadeloupe and St Lucia.  

Does anyone have experience with "Sail and Snorkel Into The Biosphere" vs "Coral Island Snorkel" in Guadeloupe?

In St Lucia: "Off Road, Sailing And Beach Bum Combo Pack" vs "Pitons, Botanicals and Bays From Land To Sea?"

Thank you!!

I'm on this itinerary also and like another person said I don't think Virgin has hit these ports before, but I've noticed from googling some of the excursion names that some of them are also available on other lines so that can be helpful

Being a big fan of the BBC show "Death in Paradise" which is filmed on Guadeloupe, I would do the following tour.

https://en.karukera-experiences.com/botanical-garden-and-death-in-paradise-tour/

We are going to be in Guadeloupe on another cruise line at the end of the year, but unfortunately that tour does not run on Saturdays, and we will be there on a Saturday.  I am so bummed.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 2:59 PM, tbmrt said:

I'm a bit skeptical of Guadeloupe....Have to keep researching it.  The other islands are absolutely wonderful!

Why would you be "skeptical" of Guadeloupe ?

It is also a lovely place, with much to do, beautiful places to explore and friendly people.  Perhaps not speaking French may present a small challenge for some visitors but I hope that doesn't prevent folks from appreciating the wonderful experiences this island has to offer.

We are heading back a second time on a December sailing and looking forward to seeing more of the island.

Thank you for the input!   Ended up choosing the "Coral Island" snorkel after googling the locations, and the "Off Road" option in St Lucia.

Will be looking forward to reading the first reviews of this itinerary in January