LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

20 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Oh thx Essiesmom for the wash cloth reminder! I’ll bring a little starter pack of TP just in case👍😁

Another thing I remember is why so many cars had knit/crochet toilet paper covers in the back window…those roadside restrooms, plus the other roadside restrooms that were a pullover with a bunch of trees and bushes…. EM

• Like 2

We have done that cruise and it will be chilly in a few places. I remember I wore boots and a scarf in Mykonos. It started off warm in Kusadasi but then turned overcast in Ephesus. I bought the most beautiful Burberry and LV look alike scarfs that I use every winter! They are pretty close to my authentic items too! 🙂  Naples...lots of graffiti and look out for your belongings. Don't forget to try the first ever pizza place there! Santorini is divine but places may close early due to the end of the season. You will need a vacation after this vacation. We did that cruise and then spent five days at a villa in Tuscany to relax!! Safe travels!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Totally agree and it's good to spend at least three nights... save one day to just wander.  One of the joys of Venice is getting lost in the pre-medieval streets.  You can never stay lost for long and there's always a drink and/or bite to be found.  

That’s what I’m hoping for, finding little spots❣️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Another thing I remember is why so many cars had knit/crochet toilet paper covers in the back window…those roadside restrooms, plus the other roadside restrooms that were a pullover with a bunch of trees and bushes…. EM

Ooh, that’s interesting! I’ll take a pic if I see one😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DallasCruiseCouple said:

We have done that cruise and it will be chilly in a few places. I remember I wore boots and a scarf in Mykonos. It started off warm in Kusadasi but then turned overcast in Ephesus. I bought the most beautiful Burberry and LV look alike scarfs that I use every winter! They are pretty close to my authentic items too! 🙂  Naples...lots of graffiti and look out for your belongings. Don't forget to try the first ever pizza place there! Santorini is divine but places may close early due to the end of the season. You will need a vacation after this vacation. We did that cruise and then spent five days at a villa in Tuscany to relax!! Safe travels!

Good to know!! I’m bringing layers and I’m looking for the LV scarfs!! Thanks for following!!Sounds awesome 👍😁

Edited by ninjacat123

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Got a question for you Europe cruisers...I usually tip out at the bar on my Sign and Sail card, but when I tip out on top of my prepaid gratuities to my wait staff and room stewarts 😉, I use US money at the end of the cruise.  Will dollars be okay or do I need to get more euros?  TIA!

We are on the same cruise.  I thought about euros or dollars for tipping cruise staff.  Since this is the last cruise before the Carnival Pride heads back to the states, US dollars would be appropriate.  Maybe we will bump in to each other on board.  We are flying our Saturday morning and have plans in Rome for Monday and Tuesday.  We did a 14 day land vacation throughout Italy before Covid.  So we are just visiting site that missed in 2019.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

We are on the same cruise.  I thought about euros or dollars for tipping cruise staff.  Since this is the last cruise before the Carnival Pride heads back to the states, US dollars would be appropriate.  Maybe we will bump in to each other on board.  We are flying our Saturday morning and have plans in Rome for Monday and Tuesday.  We did a 14 day land vacation throughout Italy before Covid.  So we are just visiting site that missed in 2019.  

Hey CruiseHealing!! Great to know another CC member is on board!! Look for us at Alchemy around 7pm. We usually get a drink before dinner😁

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mimi1965 said:

So excited for you and to follow along! We are taking this exact cruise in October of next year, so really looking forward to all your info and updates! Also, did you do your airfare through Carnival?

Hi mimi1965!! Happy to have you following!! Yes, we did Fly2Fun through Carnival and so far, so good!! Flying American (our usual carrier) and it was very easy👍😁

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mimi1965 said:

So excited for you and to follow along! We are taking this exact cruise in October of next year, so really looking forward to all your info and updates! Also, did you do your airfare through Carnival?

I bought my airfare on my own.  Flying Norse + Easy Jet.  $100 JFK to London, $29 to Rome, $149 Rome to JFK, plus luggage it came to about $480 each round trip.  It's also hilarious (or sad) that it costs almost as much for my bag to fly as it does for me 😞

Edited by Whatsthedillio
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1