Alaska cruise and old DUI charges

lobsternight

Greetings,

I have decided to take my DBI and his son with us on our next Alaska cruise.  He is a wonderful man and has been totally sober for almost 40 years.  I did find out he has multiple DUIs from the late 70s early 80s  

Do I understand right that a pardon is not what is needed but rather a US boarder waiver? Would like to start his process early.  I see there are a few services offered on line, should be around 1k  ugh.

20 hours ago, lobsternight said:

I see there are a few services offered on line, should be around 1k  ugh.

I don't know anyone who has had to acquire a waiver, but I'd follow the links provided by @broberts and apply directly. Like the companies that will acquire visas and the like for travellers, the online service providers charge a hefty fee for doing what you can do yourself.

Just a little followup.  The first company I consulted with didn't think he would need a waiver.  They suggested that he could go to a local RCMP detachment for finger printing and a record check.  See what comes back with the very old charges and go from there. I assume there is a nominal fee.  I had the same done years ago for clearance to be a parent school coach, but fees were waived for that.

Will see what comes up for him and take it from there.

• Like 1