Best / Favorite Bar on Vista

Wxman0

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 6:17 AM, runner15km said:

Serenity Bar, quiet and not so crowded. 

I was wondering about Serenity. Sometimes even though it's adults only places like this can still be crowded. Thanks. 

On 10/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, MistyRo76 said:

We liked the Red Frog Pub in the evenings when we sailed Vista several years ago. It wasn't usually too busy and service was quick. 

We like it too.  Unfortunately, we were told by a bartender last week that it's going away in its current form.  They will be removing the brewery and converting it to a Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse.

Edited by Cuckoo7

1 hour ago, Cuckoo7 said:

We like it too.  Unfortunately, we were told by a bartender last week that it's going away in its current form.  They will be removing the brewery and converting it to a Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse.

Hi, We are going on Vista over Thanksgiving, do you know when the conversion from red frog to pig and anchor is planned?  

26 minutes ago, THL1313 said:

Hi, We are going on Vista over Thanksgiving, do you know when the conversion from red frog to pig and anchor is planned?  

I think it's due for a dry dock early next year.  I'm pretty sure he said it'd be then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, THL1313 said:

I would not worry too much about the conversion.   I have been on the Panorama which has the pig and anchor as well as the vista which has the red frog.   Must admit I liked the layout of the red frog better but it really did not make that much difference.  the pig and anchor bar was closer to the entrance so it was a little bit busier.   the biggest drawback was the loss of the seats closer to the entrance.  In both cases this was not a really busy area so service was always pretty quick.

• Thanks 1

Were on Magic a few years ago, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar - bars by the pool- were always so busy. On Magic the other busy one was the Lobby Bar. We were on Norwegian before Magic and we found a quieter bar on one of the sun deck and loved that. I kept going back there.

There is one bar on the Conquest Class ships, e.g. on Liberty called the Cabinet Bar, (deck 4, aft, right outside the MDR), that was almost always quiet when we sailed on Liberty (never been on any other Conquest class ships).  It only got busy when it hosted karaoke.

I wonder if the out-of-the-way location (not on Promenade or Lido decks) contributed to that?  I don't see any other bars like that on Vista - they all seem to be quite accessible in the usual spots.