Sanctuary or Thermal Suite on Crown Princess?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

I have some onboard cruise credit and was wondering if people recommend the Sanctuary or Thermal Suite on the Crown (I did the Enclave on the Royal Princess so I know the thermal suite is not quite the same).

Does anyone know the half day/full day/week pass for the Sanctuary and cost for the Thermal Suite? Is it better to purchase ahead of time?

Also--this is a Thanksgiving cruise out of SF so it will not be warm but I am ok just sitting out with a blanket in the Sanctuary and relaxing.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello:

I have some onboard cruise credit and was wondering if people recommend the Sanctuary or Thermal Suite on the Crown (I did the Enclave on the Royal Princess so I know the thermal suite is not quite the same).

Does anyone know the half day/full day/week pass for the Sanctuary and cost for the Thermal Suite? Is it better to purchase ahead of time?

Also--this is a Thanksgiving cruise out of SF so it will not be warm but I am ok just sitting out with a blanket in the Sanctuary and relaxing.

Thanks!

Sanctuary is $20/40 half or full day, $30 full day if booked entire sailing, and can only be booked aboard 

Thermal Suite varies based on length of cruise as it's a cruise long pass.

Personally, if it was one or the other, it would be the Sanctuary. The Thermal Suite is not anything like the Enclave, it's a letdown, for sure.  Sanctuary - at least you have your reserved deck space, dedicated servers, comfy chair.

Although, to be dead honest - I'm a neither for either of those myself and would spend the OBC elsewhere. Different strokes and all that.

Happy sails.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would have to agree with reedprincess in that the Thermal Suite looks like a let down compared to the Enclave. I was on the Royal last Thanksgiving out of SF and enjoyed both the sanctuary and enclave. I am on the crown this December and watched a ship tour - saw the thermal suite and decided to take a pass. 

Not sure where your cruise is headed but if you’re going south, you may have a day or two that’s worth the sanctuary. We splurged for a cabana last year instead of going into Ensenada and that was a lot of fun. The only thing I would mention is that the sanctuary on the crown princess is not adjacent to the adults only pool. You’d need to go to the Lotus Pool and I think that’s on the deck below. That might not be a big deal for you if all you’re looking for is a place to lounge and relative peace and quiet, considering a Thanksgiving cruise will have the munchkins running around.

Have fun.

Edited by drizzle63
  • Thanks 1