Laundry question

bundtkate

My husband and I are debating how to manage laundry on an upcoming land/cruise trip. Air travel arrangements necessitate packing light so we'll need to do some washing along the way. The easiest thing would be to have some things washed onboard Splendida, but I noticed MSC only has a wash/dry/iron option. Little of what we're bringing need to be ironed and, frankly, may not be suitable for ironing. We also have some clothes that should be washed on cold. Knowing MSC, I'm hesitant to trust them to follow any special instructions and am tentatively considering other options, but figured I'd ask here if anyone has tried giving specific instructions for laundry and had them followed. Ideally, our items would be washed on cold AND not ironed, but a warm wash probably wouldn't ruin anything.

On Seaview last Dec plus onward NOV 9. Website has a package of washing…stuff 20 or 40 items in a bag with list: it comes back clean & folded. My experience was very good with that.

The package is listed under Spa Experiences, strangely.

Susan

I’ve only once sent items for washing as they appeared to have been put through very hot water;  never again, as they were basically ruined.  Funnily enough, I had a dress that was dry clean only which I sent for ironing but was washed instead and survived the ordeal. 😆

19 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

Looking at the pricing on the MSC website, I notice it includes a 15% discount if you add it to your cruise before sailing. Are there any onboard specials? Any discount for Diamond?

Thanks!

Denise

No diamond discount.  It should actually be a perk like NCL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

Looking at the pricing on the MSC website, I notice it includes a 15% discount if you add it to your cruise before sailing. Are there any onboard specials? Any discount for Diamond?

Thanks!

Denise

Yes, but not on packages.  Not sure what the discount is for Diamond, but there’s a place on the top of the laundry list to mark your Voyagers Club level.  I’ve sent items for ironing without indicating my level and have always had the discount applied automatically.  

• Like 1