Error Fare on Seaview cancelled by MSC

dazse16

I found what I thought was the bargain of the century yesterday. 6 nights on Seaview premium deluxe cabin in Arura for £297 for 2 people. I paid in full only to have the booking cancelled this morning by MSC. A lady from MSC rang me to say there was a glitch in the system and the whole  ship was booked overnight and they could not honour the booking. Has anyone experienced this before ? The sailing was 16th October 2024 but it seems the cruise has now been pulled from the site . 

Edited by dazse16

51 minutes ago, dazse16 said:

I found what I thought was the bargain of the century yesterday. 6 nights on Seaview premium deluxe cabin in Arura for £297 for 2 people. I paid in full only to have the booking cancelled this morning by MSC. A lady from MSC rang me to say there was a glitch in the system and the whole  ship was booked overnight and they could not honour the booking. Has anyone experienced this before ? The sailing was 16th October 2024 but it seems the cruise has now been pulled from the site . 

My guess is that someone else found the fare and posted it on a popular website where others hopped on and booked out the sailing.  Had it only been a few cabins booked at the wrong rate they likely would have honored it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dazse16 said:

I have booked error fares before with airlines and they have honoured it , I guess I was too good to be true. I just hope msc are just as quick at refunding me !

Depending on the country, airlines have specific laws about fare errors. I don't recall any for cruise lines in the US.

I got a 10 day Canada/New England premium balcony for $200 per person (for 2 people in the room). I thought for sure MSC would cancel it; but, they never did, I leave in 3 days. Maybe they shut it down before it was completely booked? Don't know, but it was available for at least 2 days.

• Like 1

We once benefited from a glitch in their system (it had to have been) and got an 11 night to the Canaries from Barcelona for a bargain basement price which I’d spotted on the website.  I booked it immediately.  The very next day, it had shot up in price.

1 hour ago, Sailor75 said:

I got a 10 day Canada/New England premium balcony for $200 per person (for 2 people in the room). I thought for sure MSC would cancel it; but, they never did, I leave in 3 days. Maybe they shut it down before it was completely booked? Don't know, but it was available for at least 2 days.

That was the Travel Agent rate they were offering. Hope they don't ask for your TA info at the pier. 🫢I'm on that sailing as well with a large group. Should be a nice cruise.

Bret

10 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

That was the Travel Agent rate they were offering. Hope they don't ask for your TA info at the pier. 🫢I'm on that sailing as well with a large group. Should be a nice cruise.

Bret

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the rate. I wouldn't think MSC would just leave us in Brooklyn for 10 days; I didn't do anything wrong, the rate was available to me. I have received many great deals on MSC in the past year and this is my sixth cruise on them in that time frame. I just figured they were trying to drum up business as other cruise lines have offered great deals too.

19 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

Mental note... become a travel agent 😉

On 10/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, Sailor75 said:

I got that same rate too! Fantastica with deluxe balcony and $100 cabin credit to boot!! Was sure it was a glitch in the system that would be taken away, but here we are 3 days from sailing!

On 10/11/2023 at 9:40 PM, Brighton Line said:

Depending on the country, airlines have specific laws about fare errors. I don't recall any for cruise lines in the US.

Cruise line has a part of the T&C which translates to....they can do anything they want!  It's called operational changes.

I personally know about it. Don't get me going 😁