Live from Azura Cruise 12th October - 28th October positioning to Tenerife

carlanthony24

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Where were those delicious looking dishes being served?

https://delhidarbar.es/doc/English.pdf Just opposite the cruise terminal in Tenerife. https://delhidarbar.es I hope the links are allowed we first tried in March reviews say how good it is. Came back again and just as good worth the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

https://delhidarbar.es/doc/English.pdf Just opposite the cruise terminal in Tenerife. https://delhidarbar.es I hope the links are allowed we first tried in March reviews say how good it is. Came back again and just as good worth the price.

Food looks fab. If they are open at lunchtimes we might give them a go next week!

• Like 1

Left Azura about 8am arrived at Tenerife South airport dead on 9am no traffic. Security really is a breeze overseas no faff with electronics etc shows the UK up in my opinion.  LS2172 shows on time and we are due to fly on a 737-800 ex TUI/Sunwing aircraft.

It has been another fantastic cruise sad to be going home on the plus side my boss has given me a few more days off. 

Anyone due to join Azura the waiters in the Peninsula restaurant table 114 and that area are lovely and will always give you extra if requested. If you see Edwin or Lorena in the Glass House say hello on behalf of the Anthony Family please. 

Next cruise 10th October 2024 for 15 nights Malta to Tenerife A426B unless we can fit another one in at some point.

Flying out to Malta, 2 sea days, Palma De Mallorca, sea day, Gibraltar, sea day, Lanzarote, Tenerife for 2 days, day at sea, Madeira, day at sea, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife. 

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Left Azura about 8am arrived at Tenerife South airport dead on 9am no traffic. Security really is a breeze overseas no faff with electronics etc shows the UK up in my opinion.  LS2172 shows on time and we are due to fly on a 737-800 ex TUI/Sunwing aircraft.

It has been another fantastic cruise sad to be going home on the plus side my boss has given me a few more days off. 

Anyone due to join Azura the waiters in the Peninsula restaurant table 114 and that area are lovely and will always give you extra if requested. If you see Edwin or Lorena in the Glass House say hello on behalf of the Anthony Family please. 

Next cruise 10th October 2024 for 15 nights Malta to Tenerife A426B unless we can fit another one in at some point.

Flying out to Malta, 2 sea days, Palma De Mallorca, sea day, Gibraltar, sea day, Lanzarote, Tenerife for 2 days, day at sea, Madeira, day at sea, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife. 

Have a safe journey. Enjoyed your reports, thank you for taking the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Brilliant blog. We are tempted for next year.

• Like 1

Thanks for that fantastic review, we have booked the Azura in February '24 to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary and was a little apprehensive, not been on a P & O for several years. We liked the Artemis and Oceana, a little smaller than Azura and that was what we were apprehensive about. You have put our minds at ease, thank you.

Edited by ovccruiser
  • Like 1

Thanks ever so much for your blog. We are booked on the re-positioning cruise on Azura back to Malta March 2024. Already know that we are flying out to Tenerife with Jet2 and returning home from Malta with Tui. Seems that I will be able to book seats around 14wks before departure. Not done a fly cruise for a lot of years but think we are on a charter flight for both. Really looking forward to this long cruise. The last time we were on Azura she broke down in Norway!!! We had 8 nights instead of 7.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 8:28 PM, carlanthony24 said:

https://delhidarbar.es/doc/English.pdf Just opposite the cruise terminal in Tenerife. 

Looks interesting, and I will definitely check it out as I am out in a month's time for a couple of weeks on Azura whilst she does her circular tours of the Canary Isles, but then will be back again in January staying a few hundred yards from the cruise terminal for a couple of months for the rest of the winter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks for your blog. Very useful as we are onboard in Jan 23 and are looking forward to a sunshine winter break. Can you remember the name of your waiter ? He/she may change location, so it would be nice to ask by name and say they have been recommended.

I can't remember the names sorry. 

We landed roughly 5 minutes ahead of schedule even though we departed about an hour late. This was due to the cabin being full of cabin bags so they had to get the steps back to the aircraft then tag about 5 bags to go into the hold. 

Some bags were going round on the belt but took like 15 minutes for the rest to come through. Sorry I say this all the time to my parents, but if Malta and Tenerife can get all the bags on the belts by the time you are through customs why can't Manchester. Few problems with the E gates my new passport kept making the camera loading screen spin so had to take it out then back in and for some reason every time in Manchester my dads is not regonise so has to seen by a physical person does not happen anywhere else.

• Like 1

My wife and I were also on this cruise. Really enjoyed the whole experience. The itinerary was great, with most ports new to us - had only been to Cagliari and Palma before. We liked the Azura a lot - more our type of ship than Iona, which we were on in December '21 - and we took advantage of the onboard offer to book again for October 2025.

All the staff were a pleasure to deal with. The excursions we did, in Sardinia, Majorca, Lanzarote and Tenerife, were all very well organised and pretty good value compared to our experiences with other cruise lines. 

Happy overall with the food and drink on board. A few beers were out of stock, but not a bad selection. Buffet food was pretty good, if unexceptional, although the cakes were not great - far too dry. The Epicurean was excellent and The Beach House was also good, but the choices in the main restaurants were largely unimaginative and 'samey'. This might not have been an issue on, say, a 7-night cruise, but after 15 nights we were both crying out for some variety, which has been a feature of other cruise lines we've travelled with.

The entertainment was good. Plenty to do all day and all evening, and a very nice friendly atmosphere all over the ship. Enjoyed the shows - some talented performers on board, notably Rachael Hawnt, who did an amazing - and funny -  Cher tribute act.

We were impressed with the efficiency of the airport transfers on arrival and departure, and had no problems with our TUI and Jet2 flights (The diversion to Sicily on the way to Malta was a pain but nothing to do with P&O).

Edited by backbiter
  • Like 5