Samples of drinks menus

cruisestitch

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Didn’t Anchor Steam go out of business?

Need someone from the Bay Area to chime in. All the news releases show Anchor out of or going out of business (which is what I remember). There's essentially a "Thanks for 127 years" splash on their web page, but the web page is still there. Supposedly they're selling existing inventory, but yes, I'm pretty sure they're effectively out of business. Kind of odd Anchor Steam would be on a shipboard beer list in the fall of 2023...

11 minutes ago, markeb said:

Need someone from the Bay Area to chime in. All the news releases show Anchor out of or going out of business (which is what I remember). There's essentially a "Thanks for 127 years" splash on their web page, but the web page is still there. Supposedly they're selling existing inventory, but yes, I'm pretty sure they're effectively out of business. Kind of odd Anchor Steam would be on a shipboard beer list in the fall of 2023...

These menus have not been updated in years.  Most of the beers listed will not be available.  Wish they would move to a digital type menu that is able to keep live inventory with beers/wines availability as supply chain is so screwed still for service industries.  

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

These menus have not been updated in years.  Most of the beers listed will not be available.  Wish they would move to a digital type menu that is able to keep live inventory with beers/wines availability as supply chain is so screwed still for service industries.  

Oh well, they have a pale ale and an IPA listed as amber lagers. Under ales…

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  I couldn't see any ciders on the list, do you know if they're not stocked or if the alcohol changes depending where the ships are sailing from? My husband prefers an apple or pear cider rather than a beer or ale.  We're on the Edge in February  (Australia/New Zealand).

7 hours ago, markeb said:

Not really surprising as Celebrity, who always brags as having the best wine list at sea, never has the wine on that list.  The list is great but not actually having any of the wines on said list is not great!

2 hours ago, riredsox said:

Not really surprising as Celebrity, who always brags as having the best wine list at sea, never has the wine on that list.  The list is great but not actually having any of the wines on said list is not great!

I feel your pain.

(Joking). But they have a $3 bottle of Cabernet from Lodi, California on the Premium list.  Isn’t that good enough?  😳

• Haha 2

It is interesting to see what beers and wines are included in the classic and premium packages. From my point of view, there is no logic in the selection of what is considered classic or premium. For example, Villa Marie Sauvignon Blanc is any everyday drinking wine which is one of our preferred wines but I would not consider it premium. Our local supermarket sells this for around £8/9. How do you define premium drinks?

Also why is Blue Moon beer considered to be Premium.

At the end of the day, why not have one category and be prepared to pay extra for genuine premium drinks. For example an 18 Year old MacAllan or top notch Champagne?

23 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

It is interesting to see what beers and wines are included in the classic and premium packages. From my point of view, there is no logic in the selection of what is considered classic or premium. For example, Villa Marie Sauvignon Blanc is any everyday drinking wine which is one of our preferred wines but I would not consider it premium. Our local supermarket sells this for around £8/9. How do you define premium drinks?

Also why is Blue Moon beer considered to be Premium.

At the end of the day, why not have one category and be prepared to pay extra for genuine premium drinks. For example an 18 Year old MacAllan or top notch Champagne?

It should be a Macallan 25 but that will never happen.  I didn’t care for any of the Macallan varieties on my last cruise.  I came home with something else.  I’m a 12, 18, 25 drinker.

22 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

Villa Marie Sauvignon Blanc is any everyday drinking wine which is one of our preferred wines but I would not consider it premium. Our local supermarket sells this for around £8/9. How do you define premium drinks?

I was thinking exactly the same! A Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc doesn’t feel particularly ‘premium’ to me (it’s my go-to in our local Wetherspoons!), particularly compared with the Cloudy Bay that we were served on Princess last month.