Refer-A-Friend for FCC and OBC

Boatdrill

Has anyone done this ? A friend is asking how it works.  She wants to refer her friend to HAL so she can earn FCC, and her friend can get $50 onboard credit.  

She's having trouble with a link that's supposed to refer her friend to HAL.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/cruise-deals/referral-program?ICID=HECIZ1028222389

If I  had any friends who want to cruise, I would do this. Sad to say, I  don't. I mean, I  have friends, but they go camping and do all that. I have no interest in sleeping near gators or bears, or snakes, yuck, so we cruise sometimes. 

3 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

I got notice that my friend signed up for the cruise.  I think she gets $50 OBC but mine isn’t until after she sails?? 

Yes. Otherwise you could get FCC on canceled bookings.

I have 3 referrals that registered and get updates from HAL on the status.

1 sailed and I got a credit - it randomly showed up on one of my bookings. She asked what the $50 was, so I feel like she got hers.

1 booked but HAL said we weren't eligible because we were on the same booking - since it has to be their first booking, that one was wasted.

1 has not booked anything yet, so we'll see what happens with that one.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:24 PM, Boatdrill said:

Has anyone done this ? A friend is asking how it works.  She wants to refer her friend to HAL so she can earn FCC, and her friend can get $50 onboard credit.  

She's having trouble with a link that's supposed to refer her friend to HAL.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/cruise-deals/referral-program?ICID=HECIZ1028222389

Thanks. It seems I experienced the same problem that the link provided went to a page with "general" information and not to a page where I could give information about friends that consider booking. 

On 10/16/2023 at 3:44 PM, MAVIP said:

Thanks. It seems I experienced the same problem that the link provided went to a page with "general" information and not to a page where I could give information about friends that consider booking. 

You send your friend a link. When they click that link and fill out the form, on HAL side it links you & your friend together, so when they book, it recognizes that it originated with you.

On 10/18/2023 at 5:15 AM, Haljo1935 said:

You send your friend a link. When they click that link and fill out the form, on HAL side it links you & your friend together, so when they book, it recognizes that it originated with you.

Thanks a lot, bu unfortunately when I click the link in the survey to that page there is no form. I just forget about it.  

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if receiving an OBC through the referral program on a sailing would preclude one from receiving another OBC as a stockholder perk?

LAX

• 2 months later...

Very little discussion on this topic.  So it sounds like you just have to refer someone BEFORE they book and have them complete the form..........but they can book through a TA and not required to book direct.  

Any recent reports?