Another NCL newbie question. Is vibe worth $249

smellywax

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

For me, I simply won't go on a NCL non-Haven cruise without the Vibe.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Same for my family; however, we would still buy the passes even if we are in the Haven.   The Haven sundeck was just not a great experience for us.   Not enough comfortable loungers and non existent bar service.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:54 PM, IAcruising said:

I think you're confusing me with another poster. We're going to Bermuda in a couple of weeks. It's a 5-day, $200 for Vibe. Haven't convinced Mrs. IA to get it. I think she's going to regret it. The Escape is looking pretty full, with a ton of kids. It's fall break for New Jersey schools.

If it is a full cruise I would highly recommend it!  We were on the Escape in June and it was a full cruise!  The two sea days we had the pool deck looked like a rave!  Just a mass of bodies and it was nice walking up there and knowing you had a spot in the sun to lounge or read.  I'm on the Joy in 4 days and 2.5 months ago I had a Vibe pass in my cart and when I went to pay it was gone.  I have checked every day since and haven't seen it reappear.  I have an early checkin on Saturday and will head to Teppanaki and hope some are available!

Have fun!

same general area, but a different location, with different staff members.

if you go inside the teppanyaki restaurant, they will not be able to sell you a vibe pass. they only book restaurant reservations there on embarkation day.

they will redirect you to a freestanding table set up outside teppanyaki that is specifically for vibe passes. they will have a keycard printer there, which will be required to code your new card for vibe access. (the folks inside teppanyaki do not have this.) it’s easy to miss the table if you’re focused on going to “teppanyaki” and not looking for “the table set up outside teppanyaki.”

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, smellywax said:

I was the original poster asking if it was worth it. I purchased it for my western Caribbean cruise and I Do NOT think it was worth it. Maybe if you have a drink package, it is faster for you to get your bar service but all the so called amenities of cold water misters, fruit and snacks…not once did I see. The only thing I saw at the bar was a plate with cookies. I can’t drink a lot so I never get the drink package so other than having nice chairs, I saw no benefit as there were always deck chairs available (not by the pool but they had them in various areas. This is on the Joy. 

The food and such is just at certain times.

Your post makes sense, Vibe isn't for you.  Live and learn.  The key I suggest is that you don't drink much so not likely to become part of the "community" that builds up there and you are OK sitting anywhere on the ship.  You didn't mention hot tubs, but, I'll bet you don't spend much time in them so the Vibe's don't mean much to you.  I'll bet you also don't care about kids. 

It's not for everyone and that's OK.  

On 11/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, PATRLR said:

The food and such is just at certain times.

Your post makes sense, Vibe isn't for you.  Live and learn.  The key I suggest is that you don't drink much so not likely to become part of the "community" that builds up there and you are OK sitting anywhere on the ship.  You didn't mention hot tubs, but, I'll bet you don't spend much time in them so the Vibe's don't mean much to you.  I'll bet you also don't care about kids. 

It's not for everyone and that's OK.  

I do like hot tubs but they were always packed in the vibe so I don’t find that relaxing…relaxation is the key I’m looking for so you are saying the vibe is only for those that drink and like to buddy up in the hot tub community style…assumptions like you are coming to …why can’t people have discussions and ask questions without others getting so defensive. It would be nice if they had an adult only area that you didn’t have to pay for which is what I am saying. Or at least pay $249 as I don’t mind fees but that is too high to justify for me personally. Enjoy your community hot tub time.

• Thanks 1

well, technically, the hot tub’s posted rules limit capacity to six people. and I have only rarely seen more than six people in there. it’s usually only two or three. at least that was my experience on my two recent cruises with vibe access. i never saw any hot tub action that I would describe as “packed” nor did I see anything that I would label as “community style.”  not even sure I know what that means…  certainly people talk and develop friendships over the course of a week or more in the vibe, yes. but it’s not some sort of forced conviviality nor is it limited to the hot tubs. 

the packed hot tubs? you”ll find those in spice H2O. that is the adults only venue that you don’t have to pay for.  but you’ll also find cigarette smoke wafting through the place from the section where they allow it.the vibe is nonsmoking. it can also be hard to find a space in spice. and it’s a bit of a party atmosphere because while it is an adults only venue, most of the adults are very young. and many don’t act like adults.

for what it’s worth, i didn’t find anything “defensive” in the quoted post. it was just someone assessing your situation and drawing the same conclusion you have… that the vibe is not for you.

also for what it’s worth, I am not a big drinker myself. in the vibe, i had mainly sprite zero and mocktails. but I find  value in this quiet adults only venue, the attentive service and the guaranteed availability of plush loungers and umbrellas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UKstages said:

well, technically, the hot tub’s posted rules limit capacity to six people. and I have only rarely seen more than six people in there. it’s usually only two or three. 

the packed hot tubs? you”ll find those in spice H2O. that is the adults only venue that you don’t have to pay for.  but you’ll also find cigarette smoke wafting through the place from the section where they allow it.the vibe is nonsmoking. it can also be hard to find a space in spice. and it’s a bit of a party atmosphere because while it is an adults only venue, most of the adults are very young. and many don’t act like adults.

for what it’s worth, i didn’t find anything “defensive” in the quoted post. it was just someone assessing your situation and drawing the same conclusion you have… that the vibe is not for you.

I did like the plush lounge chairs 😊

also for what it’s worth, I am not a big drinker myself. in the vibe, i had mainly sprite zero and mocktails. but I find  value in this quiet adults only venue, the attentive service and the guaranteed availability of plush loungers and 

Edited by smellywax

2 hours ago, smellywax said:

It would be nice if they had an adult only area that you didn’t have to pay for which is what I am saying. 

They do. Spice H2O.  Adults only until 7pm.  Dedicated bar and water feature and/or hot tubs.  It can get crowded but definitely better than the pool area.  We find it relaxing enough if we aren't in Vibe.

2 hours ago, TenForward said:

They do. Spice H2O.  Adults only until 7pm.  Dedicated bar and water feature and/or hot tubs.  It can get crowded but definitely better than the pool area.  We find it relaxing enough if we aren't in Vibe.

I would add that I hear more complaints about the ship exhaust than I do about the cigarette smoke. And even that is rare.

9 hours ago, smellywax said:

I do like hot tubs but they were always packed in the vibe so I don’t find that relaxing…relaxation is the key I’m looking for so you are saying the vibe is only for those that drink and like to buddy up in the hot tub community style…

Actually, that's not what I am saying at all.  My experience is that there are far fewer people in the tubs in Vibe than elsewhere, typically.  I was suggesting if you like tubs and prefer not to be packed in with strangers, the Vibe might be more appealing.  

9 hours ago, smellywax said:

why can’t people have discussions and ask questions without others getting so defensive. 

Was that directed at me?  I said nothing defensive - all I was saying was it's not for everyone and that's OK. 

6 hours ago, TenForward said:

But not all ships have Spice H20.

We have Vibe passes for the first time on a January Encore cruise and I'm really looking forward to it! In the past, it's been almost impossible both at the pool and at Spice to find a good place to sit. Everything is staked out early in the morning. When they "close" the walking track on the deck above the pool and put out more chairs (at 9am?), the loungers are packed hip to hip so you practically have to crawl onto your lounger from the foot and then there's nowhere to put your shoes or your drink. Being Floridians, we really don't need more sun, but shade is so hard to find. Also hard to flag someone down to order a drink. So I know we're going to love the Vibe.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2023 at 10:07 AM, BirdTravels said:

Paying money for the Vibe is never worth it. It is a money grab to get you to pay for something that is free. And a lot of people who invest in the vibe will spend a hour or two out there. (Yeah a small fraction will be out there constantly, but I got better things to do). Only 80-300 of the 4500 passengers on a ship fall for the money grab and buy a pass. 

wondering if you ever had vibe passes ????

• Thanks 1

Ok I never reported back about my Vibe experience.   We loved it..   Loved the quick service and more than anything the much more quiet area.   Sure you could get a drink at the pool bars, but it for sure took longer and was of course much more crowded.  So was not bad to get a drink, but sometimes seating wasnt the easiest.  Spice H2O you could normally find a seat fairly easily, but again, bar kinda nuts.    Was 1 sea day it was closed (as was the top 2 decks) with head wind plus movement was just too windy.   THAT is the only thing you have to be willing to chance.   There is a chance it could be closed depending on weather conditions.   But anytime we are doing a warm weather cruise, if it has it available, pretty sure we will try to book it.   Do you NEED it?  No, but there are many things on a cruise you dont need, but you may want.     Also, never was offered the containers of water to take back.  But were often offered pitchers of water and glasses of ice to have to drink at the loungers and normally could time the drinks so when finished, they were coming around asking if you were ready for next.     Saw fruit skewers 1 times I think, but really didnt care much about those, but the water was nice to have there.   

• Thanks 1