Another Club Orange question….🙈

FengShui@Sea

3 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I'm still very new to HAL as we've just completed one cruise to Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam. But I booked a Boston to Montreal cruise for next August on the Volendam. We're in an ocean view D category room and the booking came with Premium HIA.

My first question is how do I book Club Orange if I wanted it? I don't see anything in my cruise that even mentions CO. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I booked with HAL and then immediately moved the booking to my TA.

Thanks.

Are you on the August 20th Volendam cruise? If you are we are on the same cruise.

4 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I'm still very new to HAL as we've just completed one cruise to Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam. But I booked a Boston to Montreal cruise for next August on the Volendam. We're in an ocean view D category room and the booking came with Premium HIA.

My first question is how do I book Club Orange if I wanted it? I don't see anything in my cruise that even mentions CO. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I booked with HAL and then immediately moved the booking to my TA.

Thanks.

I doubt that you you want to purchase CO given your D category.  They will upgrade you to a C, but thats it.  Having just been on the Volendam, CO does you virtually no good once onboard (except for priority tenders and boarding and the ship is not very good about indicating where the CO lines are.

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

They could reprice to lowest level cabin and keep the cabin they have for the free upgrade with CO. Did they not have the CO line for the dining room for quicker seating on the Volendam?

They had a podium attached to the regular one on the Volendam but no separate line and no banner sign (unlike on the larger ships) directing CLub Orange guests to use it.  When I went up to the podium and there was a line, people were not too happy with me as they thought I was line cutting.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

They had a podium attached to the regular one on the Volendam but no separate line and no banner sign (unlike on the larger ships) directing CLub Orange guests to use it.  When I went up to the podium and there was a line, people were not too happy with me as they thought I was line cutting.

Was just on a Princess ship in “Reserve Class” (formerly “Club Class”). The restaurant podium had a sign saying Reserve Class and MANY folks who had dinner reservations thought… oh, that must mean I stand over there, at “reserve class”. The staff were clearly counting to 10 and back again dealing with the grumpy frustrated confused non Reserve Class guests!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, terrydtx said:

Are you on the August 20th Volendam cruise? If you are we are on the same cruise.

I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the earth and not replying before now. Life happened.

And yes, that's the date of our sailing.

I haven't had a chance to think about CO, but I was thinking moving to a C cabin might be worth it merely because we have an OV that's on the lower promenade and I'm not sure what hubby will think of having a window out to the deck. I'm thinking just a regular OV might sit better with him.