Bank of America credit card points to OBC experience???

edspec

Hello,

On the 6th I transferred $1200 of BA reward points to my RC cruise in April.  Denominations were 2 $500, 1 $150, and 1 $50.  The two smaller ones were credited to my account w/in a couple of days, the two larger ones still aren't there.  I called and was told that sometimes it takes up to two weeks before sail date, (April for me), before they show up.  Really irritated as I wanted to use them on drink packages...there is an okay sale now, $66/day and I'm assuming there will be a better one on Black Friday.  I could just buy the packages but I shouldn't have to.

Has anyone had experience with this?

TIA.

Because of disappointing experiences in the past with redeeming points for OBC, I frequently call them when I have cashed in points and ask for immediate credit to my account. I too wanted to use points for my DBP, so I cashed in the points on the computer and then called them and explained that it was the last day of the sale. They hemmed and hawed, but they did credit the OBC to my account within several minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edspec said:

Hello,

On the 6th I transferred $1200 of BA reward points to my RC cruise in April.  Denominations were 2 $500, 1 $150, and 1 $50.  The two smaller ones were credited to my account w/in a couple of days, the two larger ones still aren't there.  I called and was told that sometimes it takes up to two weeks before sail date, (April for me), before they show up.  Really irritated as I wanted to use them on drink packages...there is an okay sale now, $66/day and I'm assuming there will be a better one on Black Friday.  I could just buy the packages but I shouldn't have to.

Has anyone had experience with this?

TIA.

Did you redeem for OBC or for payment towards the cruise?  If you did OBC it should show up on your cruise planner within a week.  If you did payment towards the cruise it will come off your balance about a week before final payment date.

• Thanks 1

I ran into a similar issue a few months back and only after VERY CAREFULLY reviewing the receipt realized I had fat-fingered the booking number 🙂

Called them up and they were able to get them processed on the proper booking number.

Also what @Tudy said - call them and they can do it while you're on the phone. They don't LIKE to do it, but will if you're persistent.

Edited by GJustice

I called and told them I needed them to add the credit right away - I wanted to shop for beverage package, etc. I didn't use the credit until on board but that's really none of their business. I want to see the credit when I redeem it, not have to keep checking on it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

I redeemed $100 obc a month ago, still hasn't showed on my account.  

I highly recommending calling them.  I had that happen and was on the ship before I realized it was not credited to my account. I made several trips to guest services, they said they would get it fixed. Never did. I never got credit. Kissed it bye-bye.

11 minutes ago, Tudy said:

I highly recommending calling them.  I had that happen and was on the ship before I realized it was not credited to my account. I made several trips to guest services, they said they would get it fixed. Never did. I never got credit. Kissed it bye-bye.

Call RC or BOA?

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

BOA Royal has nothing to do with it.  

Not to be argumentative, but this was not my experience.  I called BOA first, and they said I needed to call Royal.  I called the Crown and Anchor number and they were able to fix the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2