The New Ai voice for Incoming Phone Calls

mcrcruiser

Again, the problem is control of the reservation.  If I see a price drop and can't get in touch with the PCC, no one else can help me.  And, I might miss an opportunity.  Also, if my PCC says "no" I have no recourse.  I guess everyone has to decide for themselves how to handle their bookings.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Again, the problem is control of the reservation.  If I see a price drop and can't get in touch with the PCC, no one else can help me.  And, I might miss an opportunity.  Also, if my PCC says "no" I have no recourse.  I guess everyone has to decide for themselves how to handle their bookings.

If I see a price drop or other time-controlled opportunity, and my PCC is on a rare vacation -- I let the PCC-phone number's menu go through to the live person and they have always been able to accomplish the deal. As far as the answer being "no", sometimes it is.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2023 at 10:57 PM, KAKcruiser said:

My problem is that I have never found a TA who will solve my problems.  Rather than negotiate for a price drop, they tell me it can't be done. If better perks come along, they say it can't be added.  Then I have no recourse because the TA controls my reservation. I would rather put up with the bother of dealing directly with HAL.  At least I have control of my reservation and figure with enough effort I can resolve the issue. 

Absolutely. Well said

I'm not sure it's the TA's job to "Negotiate" a price. It is their job to find the best deal available. If there is a price drop after the fact or a promotion running they may be able to help you change it. That being said if you had a group of perks included in the original booking that are not included in the new lower fare I guess you have to choose between perks and lower fare. Don't forget you may lose the cabin you chose with the original fare.

• Like 2