Teacher appreciation OBC

tigger54

Good morning. My husband and I are avid cruisers but taking our first cruise on Holland in February. I noticed that teachers get extra obc so I filled out the info. And was verified that I can get the obc. My question: Is there any way I can get this applied to my February booking or is it truly for new bookings only? 
Thank you for any info. 

38 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

We are booked through a TA so I guess I need to have him make the call or will I be able to do it?

You can do it, but amthe updated invoice, which you want to verify the OBC, will go to your TA who will need to send it to you.

3 hours ago, tigger54 said:

Well I did call but was told it is only for new bookings. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Try again.  Sometimes the phone agents don't know what they are talking about.  If you get turned down again, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Other people have gotten it, why not you?

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 6:04 AM, POA1 said:

New bookings. Also, if both of you are educators, only one OBC can be applied to a booking.

I know this rule but am confused by how it works if you qualify for different community appreciation benefits.  DH gets the firefighter.  I am qualified for teacher but only his OBC showed up on new booking.  Can you stack community appreciation benefits of different categories or do you just get one per cruise per stateroom?

16 minutes ago, badtwin said:

I know this rule but am confused by how it works if you qualify for different community appreciation benefits.  DH gets the firefighter.  I am qualified for teacher but only his OBC showed up on new booking.  Can you stack community appreciation benefits of different categories or do you just get one per cruise per stateroom?

I know that military can stack with AARP, and that you can't stack two educator or first responder OBCs. I'm not sure if you can stack educator and first responder. I'm sure it's somewhere in the T&C.

3 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I'm a retired teacher.  Is a copy of the electronic notice that my pension has been paid for the month sufficient proof to get the credit?  Can anyone point to the procedure for getting this OBC?

Follow the link on the HAL site. It will tell you what you need.

9 hours ago, POA1 said:

Follow the link on the HAL site. It will tell you what you need.

OK, but this would have been more helpful if somewhere in the thread that link was included, given the vagaries of the HAL website.  But I'll muddle through, or perhaps someone will post a more helpful answer.