Paper Fun Times Back?

Pyxie

I may have missed this since I tend to visit the boards intermittently when I have an upcoming cruise, but are paper Fun Times officially back across the board or is this new? On our Mardi Gras cruise last week we received one every night (as did everyone else on our floor since I could see them in mailboxes). This wasn't the case with any other cruise I've done since the restart, so I don't know if it is just a Mardi Gras thing or if it is coming back on all ships.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I may have missed this since I tend to visit the boards intermittently when I have an upcoming cruise, but are paper Fun Times officially back across the board or is this new? On our Mardi Gras cruise last week we received one every night (as did everyone else on our floor since I could see them in mailboxes). This wasn't the case with any other cruise I've done since the restart, so I don't know if it is just a Mardi Gras thing or if it is coming back on all ships.

Hi @Pyxie🙂

(Click Here) - Cruise Critic: Carnival: Paper Funtimes

Also you can click below:

💃🍹💃

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I didn't get any on Elation in June.  I had to pick them up from the coffee shop every morning.  I didn't realize the cabin steward would bring one if asked.  I will do that next time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

They are put in the mailbox every evening now, fleet wide.

Not on our recent Venezia B2B Sept 16-29.

Stewart had a few on his cart - said he only gives them to people that ask.

No problem getting one, but you had to ask.

The inconsistency from ship to ship shown by Carnival on what should be a simple task with simple instructions disturbs me. 🤬  It doesn't much matter to me if I have to request one or tell my cabin steward to give me one or pick up one from around the ship.  But please Carnival, pick a direction, and tell everyone to get on board with it.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Not on our recent Venezia B2B Sept 16-29.

Stewart had a few on his cart - said he only gives them to people that ask.

No problem getting one, but you had to ask.

I don't know why it would be any different on that ship. JH announced back in Feb or March it was coming back fleetwide.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I don't know why it would be any different on that ship. JH announced back in Feb or March it was coming back fleetwide.

I understand that; I just know that my experience in Sept on Venezia did not align. Good news is if pax aren't getting them, they can ask.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I understand that; I just know that my experience in Sept on Venezia did not align. Good news is if pax aren't getting them, they can ask.

I appreciate you sharing that experience - I'm still not sure why they're not giving them out by default. Maybe they're testing going back to a by request basis on some ships. Who knows.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, Bob NC said:

Sept 30 Mardi Gras had paper Fun Times, but, we had to ask our steward to provide them.

Which is interesting because you were on the sailing right before mine and we got one every night by default. Maybe it varies by steward?

5 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

Which is interesting because you were on the sailing right before mine and we got one every night by default. Maybe it varies by steward?

Yes.  We had to ask twice. 

I, for one, don't have a problem with them bringing the paper Fun Times back. But, I really do wish they would come up with a good system for just getting them to the people that want them. Back in the day, I really enjoyed getting them in my cabin each evening, but now with the Hub app - they're simply no longer necessary for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like this and printing and passing them out to every cabin on the ship just seems very wasteful to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1