Delta Codeshare on Westjet, will KTN number transfer?

richart

I purchased a Delta flight that will be on their codeshare partner Westjet flying from Atlanta to Vancouver. If I enter my Known Traveler Number on Delta's website, does anyone know if that information will get transferred over to Westjet? Or will I have to contact Westjet and have them add it?

Pre-check coordination is a function of the operating carrier.  As such, you need to have your KTN in your WestJet profile, as they are the carrier you are flying on.  Even though you may have bought the ticket through DL, it's a WestJet flight for all practical aspects.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, richart said:

I purchased a Delta flight that will be on their codeshare partner Westjet flying from Atlanta to Vancouver. If I enter my Known Traveler Number on Delta's website, does anyone know if that information will get transferred over to Westjet? Or will I have to contact Westjet and have them add it?

If you look at the paper work from Delta or the reservation in the Delta portal somewhere there should be a 6 didgit WestJet reservation number/ locator code.  With that code and your last name you should be able to pull up the record on the westjet website.

If you go the WestJet website and select Manage Booking you should be able to pull up your booking and enter any of that information. 

1 minute ago, em-sk said:

If you look at the paper work from Delta or the reservation in the Delta portal somewhere there should be a 6 didgit WestJet reservation number/ locator code.  With that code and your last name you should be able to pull up the record on the westjet website.

If you go the WestJet website and select Manage Booking you should be able to pull up your booking and enter any of that information. 

Thank you. I tried that and it says I need to give them a call. Will wait 'til next week when they are (maybe) better staffed in customer service.

34 minutes ago, richart said:

Thank you. I tried that and it says I need to give them a call. Will wait 'til next week when they are (maybe) better staffed in customer service.

Why would you say that?  Is there something that you know that they have a staffing shortage now that will be corrected next week?

On 10/21/2023 at 12:30 AM, FlyerTalker said:

Why would you say that?  Is there something that you know that they have a staffing shortage now that will be corrected next week?

Finally got through to them on the phone today. The first person was unable to add my wife's KTN to the reservation. After 30 minutes on hold a supervisor finally came on the line and said the only way to add the KTN is when checking in for the flight or through the Westjet Rewards app. I had already tried adding the KTN through the app and received the message to call customer service. Not real impressed with Westjet so far.