Additional Southern Carribean Sailings?

Sgomer79

Does anyone have any idea when NCL, RC, or MSC is likely to post Southern Caribbean cruises beyond April 2025?  We are specifically looking at Aruba as a port.   There is one December 2024 itinerary that we love and have been thinking about booking, but time and finance wise later in 2025 would be a better fit for my daughter and her husband.   We are open to other reasonably priced lines as well, but trying to do something different than Carnival where our past cruises have been.

Thanks!

They usually release sailings about 18 months or so out.  Often they do it in seasonal cycles - spring, summer, etc. within that timeframe.  If you are on an email list or part of the loyalty program with any of them you may receive an email announcing the releases in advance.  Otherwise you just need to periodically keep checking their websites.  Many itineraries remain the same year after year based on their popularity, and southern itineraries often fit that profile.  So a lot of what you are seeing now will remain the same or very similar.  Typically only the pricing will change or some ports of call scheduling.  The ships may change as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They usually release sailings about 18 months or so out.  Often they do it in seasonal cycles - spring, summer, etc. within that timeframe.  If you are on an email list or part of the loyalty program with any of them you may receive an email announcing the releases in advance.  Otherwise you just need to periodically keep checking their websites.  Many itineraries remain the same year after year based on their popularity, and southern itineraries often fit that profile.  So a lot of what you are seeing now will remain the same or very similar.  Typically only the pricing will change or some ports of call scheduling.  The ships may change as well.

Thanks, the one we love seems to a one off 11 day not a repeating intenerary.  Actually I think there are 2 but the first one I absolutely cannot make the date with my work schedule.

The details of those itineraries may change from year to year but the type is typically offered every year.  Often the frequency is two or three longer itineraries back to back from the same starting and ending port of call, but the ports and schedules will change with each itinerary.  Something similar will likely be offered in your timeframe - you will just have to keep watching for it.  I have seen many of those offered each year over the years.

37 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The details of those itineraries may change from year to year but the type is typically offered every year.  Often the frequency is two or three longer itineraries back to back from the same starting and ending port of call, but the ports and schedules will change with each itinerary.  Something similar will likely be offered in your timeframe - you will just have to keep watching for it.  I have seen many of those offered each year over the years.

Thanks,  NCL said they can price match deposits of other lines, I think I might place a cheap deposit/placeholder  and see what else opens up before final payment.

Princess wasn't on your list, but in case you didn't check they have some spring 2025 itineraries open including

• From Galveston to Fort Lauderdale: 12 day Caribbean Islander March 23 12 days includes Curacao and Aruba
  • From/To Fort Lauderdale:  14 day Circle Caribbean January and February includes Trinidad and Tobago, Curacao and Aruba

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

Princess wasn't on your list, but in case you didn't check they have some spring 2025 itineraries open including

• From Galveston to Fort Lauderdale: 12 day Caribbean Islander March 23 12 days includes Curacao and Aruba
  • From/To Fort Lauderdale:  14 day Circle Caribbean January and February includes Trinidad and Tobago, Curacao and Aruba

I did look at those, I would love to add Tinidad and Tobago too (maybe someday), but the all in price was over $1k per person more putting it out of budget.

12 hours ago, Sgomer79 said:

Thanks,  NCL said they can price match deposits of other lines, I think I might place a cheap deposit/placeholder  and see what else opens up before final payment.

I think RCCL will be more similar to NCL in terms of total pricing and cruising style, but I would look at ships and itinerary first v deposit match, as the final measure should be total price IMO. Also IMO NCL pricing is more convoluted with more add-on's than others to reach the bottom line.  And just be sure when booking that you are looking at refundable v non-refundable deposits and corresponding fares.  The NRD terms have become more stringent in terms of loss of $ if you change or cancel a booking made that way.  Many cruise lines now have a 100% deposit penalty with changes or cancelations.

Also RCCL for one (which means probably NCL as well) are changing their final payment days on longer itineraries (more than 7 nights) to 120 days prior to sailing.  Just keep that in mind.  MSC is an Italian line with very much an Italian flare on board v the others which are more international in crew and American focused in style.  Again, just to be aware.

12 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I think RCCL will be more similar to NCL in terms of total pricing and cruising style, but I would look at ships and itinerary first v deposit match, as the final measure should be total price IMO. Also IMO NCL pricing is more convoluted with more add-on's than others to reach the bottom line.  And just be sure when booking that you are looking at refundable v non-refundable deposits and corresponding fares.  The NRD terms have become more stringent in terms of loss of $ if you change or cancel a booking made that way.  Many cruise lines now have a 100% deposit penalty with changes or cancelations.

Also RCCL for one (which means probably NCL as well) are changing their final payment days on longer itineraries (more than 7 nights) to 120 days prior to sailing.  Just keep that in mind.  MSC is an Italian line with very much an Italian flare on board v the others which are more international in crew and American focused in style.  Again, just to be aware.

Thanks, I was told with the NCL cruise first certificates that would replace any deposit match and I can move it to any other NCL cruise without penalty before final payment.  Worst case I'm out the cruise first value if I don't use it within 3 years.   I'm watching the other lines too but looking like NCL Jewel Dec 12 2024 best matches the mix of ports vs sea days, budget, and days I can take off (certain parts of every month I cannot take off, mid month is best for the schedule).  With I caused drink package and specialty dinning the overall price with gratuities is better.  I do not normally do the drink package but this is a longer cruise than normal for us too.  I do wish a couple of the stops had longer hours though.

9 hours ago, Sgomer79 said:

Thanks, I was told with the NCL cruise first certificates that would replace any deposit match and I can move it to any other NCL cruise without penalty before final payment.  Worst case I'm out the cruise first value if I don't use it within 3 years.   I'm watching the other lines too but looking like NCL Jewel Dec 12 2024 best matches the mix of ports vs sea days, budget, and days I can take off (certain parts of every month I cannot take off, mid month is best for the schedule).  With I caused drink package and specialty dinning the overall price with gratuities is better.  I do not normally do the drink package but this is a longer cruise than normal for us too.  I do wish a couple of the stops had longer hours though.

Sounds like a good plan.  Hope it all comes together and you enjoy a great cruise!