Disney Cruise - November 2023

We have a 4 night Disney cruise planned for this November.  It’s our whole family so there will be 10 of us on board.  It’s definitely not cheap, but it’s Disney so with young grandkids who all love Disney, it’s was a no brainer.  Our TA booked when the booking window was opened, we were lucky and got good staterooms.  But gosh, the extras that come with it….$14.50USD per day per person so for us $USD58 per day per room $USD232 per cruise so nearly $366AUD.  High Tea with cast members was going to cost $240USD per child (we opted out of this, can’t imagine any high tea worth this type of money).   At this stage this will be our last Disney cruise, can’t see how the money justifies the cruise, but I may be surprised and will report once we return.  As a family we cruise once a year and usually with Royal and have cruised Princess with the family as well.  Wish me luck and hopefully the cc doesn’t take too much of a hit…🤞🏻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

We have a 4 night Disney cruise planned for this November.  It’s our whole family so there will be 10 of us on board.  It’s definitely not cheap, but it’s Disney so with young grandkids who all love Disney, it’s was a no brainer.  Our TA booked when the booking window was opened, we were lucky and got good staterooms.  But gosh, the extras that come with it….$14.50USD per day per person so for us $USD58 per day per room $USD232 per cruise so nearly $366AUD.  High Tea with cast members was going to cost $240USD per child (we opted out of this, can’t imagine any high tea worth this type of money).   At this stage this will be our last Disney cruise, can’t see how the money justifies the cruise, but I may be surprised and will report once we return.  As a family we cruise once a year and usually with Royal and have cruised Princess with the family as well.  Wish me luck and hopefully the cc doesn’t take too much of a hit…🤞🏻

It will be worth every cent for the amazing memories you will make 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 2

DW is a Disney fan and we were excited when Disney announced they were coming to Australia. I went green around the gills when I saw the prices! 😱🤑💸💸💸

Too expensive for us I’m afraid. Their market is obviously a more affluent demographic. I'll stick to hunting for bargains on inferior, I mean interior, guarantee cabins on other lines. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My daughter was desperate for us to go on a Disney cruise.  For just above the price for 3 us to go on the 4 night Hobart trip from Melbourne, we are going on a 14 night Melbourne to New Zealand in a mini suite on a plus package with Princess.   

• Like 3

Just now, 2022cruisey said:

My daughter was desperate for us to go on a Disney cruise.  For just above the price for 3 us to go on the 4 night Hobart trip from Melbourne, we are going on a 14 night Melbourne to New Zealand in a mini suite on a plus package with Princess.   

Wow

5 hours ago, Kangakid said:

We have a 4 night Disney cruise planned for this November.  I  But gosh, the extras that come with it….$14.50USD per day per person so for us $USD58 per day per room $USD232 per cruise so nearly $366AUD.  

If this is the 'gratuity' - then simply see about not paying this - or reduce that amount.  It's outrageous that they are slugging everyone in the room for the same amount - for the same amount of 'service' (like what are you honestly going to get done in your room for 4 nights ??  what .. new sheets, a bit of clean, anything else ?????) 

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/australia-new-zealand/?#:~:text=VACATION FARE&text=Guests may request to adjust,the end of the cruise.

Don't get 'guilted' into paying this - Disney are charging big $$$$$$

The optional gratuity for your assigned cruise stateroom and dining hosts will be automatically added to the onboard cruise folio on embarkation day. Guests may request to adjust or remove this optional gratuity before the end of their cruise. Simply call or visit the cruise ship's Guest Services Desk while you are onboard, any time prior to disembarking at the end of the cruise. If available on your vessel, you can use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator mobile application (the "Mobile App") to review your onboard cruise folio during your cruise. More information on optional gratuities can be found at /faq/onboard-services/gratuities/.

Edited by shireboi

I love high tea but even as an adult I would opt out at those prices. 

Would love it if you came back to this post after your cruise to report the positive & negatives.  We are not a Disney family but would be very interested to read of your & your family’s experiences on board.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

DW is a Disney fan and we were excited when Disney announced they were coming to Australia. I went green around the gills when I saw the prices! 😱🤑💸💸💸

Too expensive for us I’m afraid. Their market is obviously a more affluent demographic. I'll stick to hunting for bargains on inferior, I mean interior, guarantee cabins on other lines. 🤷‍♂️

Sparky, I know, but the big kids and their kids are huge Disney fans, so we have bitten the bullet, but gosh Disney certainly know how to charge….let’s hope everyone has a fabulous time and Bass Strait plays nice for trip…

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I love high tea but even as an adult I would opt out at those prices. 

Would love it if you came back to this post after your cruise to report the positive & negatives.  We are not a Disney family but would be very interested to read of your & your family’s experiences on board.

Definitely will report back, as it’s a lot of dosh we are putting up, so I am sure the experience will be worth it (says she through gritted teeth)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Sparky, I know, but the big kids and their kids are huge Disney fans, so we have bitten the bullet, but gosh Disney certainly know how to charge….let’s hope everyone has a fabulous time and Bass Strait plays nice for trip…

DA3B0475-F344-4562-93C0-F98CC6C113F8.gif.ae08502b1fb9719c56553f1159d47ccf.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, shireboi said:

If this is the 'gratuity' - then simply see about not paying this - or reduce that amount.  It's outrageous that they are slugging everyone in the room for the same amount - for the same amount of 'service' (like what are you honestly going to get done in your room for 4 nights ??  what .. new sheets, a bit of clean, anything else ?????) 

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/australia-new-zealand/?#:~:text=VACATION FARE&text=Guests may request to adjust,the end of the cruise.

Don't get 'guilted' into paying this - Disney are charging big $$$$$$

The optional gratuity for your assigned cruise stateroom and dining hosts will be automatically added to the onboard cruise folio on embarkation day. Guests may request to adjust or remove this optional gratuity before the end of their cruise. Simply call or visit the cruise ship's Guest Services Desk while you are onboard, any time prior to disembarking at the end of the cruise. If available on your vessel, you can use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator mobile application (the "Mobile App") to review your onboard cruise folio during your cruise. More information on optional gratuities can be found at /faq/onboard-services/gratuities/.

I know we can get the gratuity adjusted, but we have never done this and won’t start now, if only the AUD was playing a bit nicer than it currently is, it wouldn’t be so much of a hit.  I do wish the gratuity was for adults or kids over say 12.  We have 4 under 10 so it seems excessive….que sera, we choose to cruise so just have to bite the bullet…but am hoping the cruise will be memorable and worth all the extra dollars…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

I know we can get the gratuity adjusted, but we have never done this and won’t start now, if only the AUD was playing a bit nicer than it currently is, it wouldn’t be so much of a hit.  I do wish the gratuity was for adults or kids over say 12.  We have 4 under 10 so it seems excessive….que sera, we choose to cruise so just have to bite the bullet…but am hoping the cruise will be memorable and worth all the extra dollars…

I wonder what the staff to kids ratio is on Disney compared to other lines especially for the under 10s, given they are charged gratuities.

Edited by aussielozzie18

The Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are doing 4 nights Melb - Hobart - Melb - family of 4. 
Booked one of their secret porthole rooms, which is basically an obstructed oceanview for the price of an interior, there are a handful on them on the ship.
In all the cruises we have done I have never booked anything less than a balcony - in fact have an aft suit booked on Grand Princess for Christmas and the price of that was easier to justify than for this 4 night cruise.
I know it's Disney, I know it will be magical, but it would want to be the most amazing 4 nights of my life.
The aussie dollar is not helping the situation at the moment either.

• Like 2

See you on board…we have the family all coming along..we have adjoining balcony rooms, but agree price was eye watering to say the least…..and then no doubt the merch that will be a must…at these prices it will be our last cruise unless it is absolutely out of this world worth it…

cheers V

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kangakid said:

See you on board…we have the family all coming along..we have adjoining balcony rooms, but agree price was eye watering to say the least…..and then no doubt the merch that will be a must…at these prices it will be our last cruise unless it is absolutely out of this world worth it…

cheers V

Disney do not call them balconies..they are verandahs……..sea cards/ passes  are called ..Key to the World. Enjoy.

Well I am  off now to go to our dress rehearsal for  the first turnaround tomorrow / Saturday.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Disney do not call them balconies..they are verandahs……..sea cards/ passes  are called ..Key to the World. Enjoy.

Well I am  off now to go to our dress rehearsal for  the first turnaround tomorrow / Saturday.

Will you be Donald or Goofy?? 😁 Watch out those ankle biters will try to smuggle booze on board Graham😃

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Will you be Donald or Goofy?? 😁 Watch out those ankle biters will try to smuggle booze on board Graham😃

I was hoping he would the Buzz Lightyear gig. To Celebrity Infinity & Beyond.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, beatleman said:

Smuggle…… I dont think Pirates of the Carribean was a Disney show was it? 🤔😂😂